How can I get a new stadium?

Playing as Plymouth and in the top flight for a number of years. Have won the EPL and Champions League more than once, but the board never give me a new stadium (or expand current one). I used to be able to ask for new stadium, but for last 2 years, they won't even let me ask.

I know you need a good balance, but I cannot get that as to maintain success, I need to spend money.

What can I do?

A football club is a business, you basically sign player to win competitions, earning bigger sponsership and selling more merchendise so when you buy, try to stay away from spending more then your making so you will have no debt. then ask your board if you dont have much money they might get a loan for the stadium as long as your club is making a profit

What does the tooltip say when you leave the cursor on the greyed out option? I had the same thing a few years back and the reason I couldn't even request it was that the board had approved already, I just didn't get a news item about it.

As well as needing the money and consistently filling the stadium, I think the current stadium has to have been built at least 20 years ago also.

incorrect, in a save on fm10 suprisingly I got 2 new statiums within 3 years of each other, weird I know but it happens. I guess at the time I was selling out the 1st new stadium at a great rate and it couldn't be expanded anymore

Shouldn't I be able to request it (and have the request turned down) even IF I have no money?

In theory, yes.

I've just been granted a new stadium with Peterborough - but I certainly needed a helping hand from FMRTE to get the ball rolling.

I did have the board option enabled, but even with that I was not granted permission (at least 8 times) until I personally intervened after 3 years.

For the record, I had £30m in the bank.

But the attendances was the problem. Had to bump it up with the editor. Board was claiming there was no demand for a new stadium. But realistically there WAS. An established Premiership side, EURO Cup winners - still playing at a 15,000 stadium? No no no.

I'm playing with Luton and at the beginning of 1st season in the PL my board announced that they would build a new stadium with 22500seats.

I have 12500 atm.

The building would take 2 years and cost 400mill D.kr

I ddidn't even ask.

Shouldn't I be able to request it (and have the request turned down) even IF I have no money?

Of course you can lol, but whats the point, you will either get rejects, or if you had a miricle, they would accept, and send the club into administration.. :p

Thanks guys -I didn't know about the cursor thing - done it now and it appears that the board is building a new stadium! I never got news of this!

Where can I find out more info? When it will be built, capacity, name etc?

incorrect, in a save on fm10 suprisingly I got 2 new statiums within 3 years of each other, weird I know but it happens. I guess at the time I was selling out the 1st new stadium at a great rate and it couldn't be expanded anymore

I saw that in FM10 as well. But things may have changed in FM11?

Anyways, in FM11.3 it is possible to expand the stadium within a few years after having build a new stadium. It happened in my Juventus save.

Archived