New Computer

ebuyer :) I also got a cheap as case, don't make the same mistake. It took em and a friend 4 hours to build it just because the case is so small. the 460 is the SE version, not much difference in performance but £20 cheaper. Obv an AMD quad, I don't think Intel even clock quads to 3.4,,,,

Ah, was having a look on there a while back. Might have to have a look at the same sort of specs, possibly with higher RAM and a bigger HDD. I've already got a pretty nifty case, had it lying around for ages, just haven't got around to getting the hardware. Much appreciated :D

ebuyer :) I also got a cheap as case, don't make the same mistake. It took em and a friend 4 hours to build it just because the case is so small. the 460 is the SE version, not much difference in performance but £20 cheaper. Obv an AMD quad, I don't think Intel even clock quads to 3.4,,,,

The i7-2600(K) has a stock speed of 3.4 GHz, but good luck fitting that into a £400 PC... :D

No problem :) I am using 1 4GB stick so I can easily just another in. The RAID will have a boot SSD added at some point as well

can you store the whole of fm onto one of these and then remove it from my pc i could do with the extra room

can you store the whole of fm onto one of these and then remove it from my pc i could do with the extra room

You're thinking of pen drives. Flamers is talking about RAM.

@Flamers, did all the hardware come from eBuyer? I'm not sure about building a new PC at the moment, I may just upgrade the RAM in my current one

Alright cheers :). I have a box of some pretty decent hardware that I'll probably build the bulk of the PC out. Got a virtually brand new motherboard in there that I know still works and it's got a nice processor on it. Gonna get 4 to 8 gig of RAM, a 1TB hard drive and a new case and I'll be set to go. Eventually will upgrade the graphics card, as my PCI one is just as bad as the damn onboard

Archived