New Feature Suggestion - "On Holiday" and apply for International Manager positions?

SI Games,

This post is a simple question regarding the possibility of adding a new feature for the next edition of Football Manager.

Whenever I play your game I always start a game as an unemployed manager and I always use the feature "Go on a Holiday" whenever I do this I always use the auto features apply for higher reputation jobs/return from a holiday when offered a job and use that team.

Why doesn't this feature let me apply for international manager roles as well as club manager roles?

This works in two folds by playing as an international manager;

1. You will gain experience and could help in being be offered a club job.
  2. You will gain knowledge from that country, whether it being learning a native language and knowing that countries players could help in signing them to your club at a later date, and help them assimilate by being able to speak their native language.

There are probably some other points however these are the main two I can think of now.

I do understand that the game is based on managing a club, however if you can be offered an international job while being a club manager (ie Ricki Herbert - Wellington Phoenix [club] & New Zealand [intl]) why not give us the opportunity to apply for them while on holiday?

Also I do have another post that I would like feed back on: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/266968-New-Feature-Suggestion-quot-Team-Reports-quot-with-an-official-depth-chart-per-position...

Regards

• 2 weeks later...
Good idea :)
Yeah, I would like to see this in FM2012. :)

This is why it should be implemented, I understand only some countries would be playable, however if your Reputation/Ranking is higher than the country needing a Manager then you should apply for the job as mentioned it would make sense as working as an international manager can making getting a club job easier, just like some Managers work as a club manager and can be offered and international position.

Coding this into the holiday selection field shouldn't be to hard, all it needs to be is either another tick box to allow "apply to international positions" or just change the "apply for managerial positions at clubs & _______"

Regards

PS When will someone from SI reply so we can get an understanding from SI as to why this hasn't been implemented in the past and why it may not be implemented in the future?

• 1 month later...

Archived