Club chairman selling my key players.

I'm managing almost completely broke club, so I have had to rely on getting promising youngster. Anyway some of them have finally started to blossom, but now the f***ing chairman is selling them off. I've seriously lost 3 key players in about two months since apparently the offers were too good to refuse... Is there anything I can do to stop this ? :(

Try to get your club financially healthy by selling players you can miss and being careful with your wages. You can also loan a few players to get some cheap forces and secure some money through winning a league or cup somewhere.

Try to get your club financially healthy by selling players you can miss and being careful with your wages. You can also loan a few players to get some cheap forces and secure some money through winning a league or cup somewhere.

Well the club is currently in L1 in England, so can't really win that many cups :p I've always also been way below the board approved wage budget. Also after the chairman sold all those players we already have over 1 million pounds in the bank, which is a lot more than when I first started. Anyway just annoying I was sure I could get promoted after last season, but now I'm probably gonna get fired for failing after I'm missing "half" my squad :p

You can set ur players asking value to £0 so the ai clubs will put in really low bids which the board won't accept and you can just reject.

Done this for many years when at small clubs with promising players.

On the other side though the player can become upset and unsettled if a club he would like to play for bids but that's the risk you take

I guess if you hate it so much then the other option would be to resign and find another club.

It would be nice if you could resign stating to the fans that the chairman was all about himself and not the club.

• Administrators

Yeah if you can't handle the chairman's interference then I'm afraid you'll have to move on. Personally would never 'fix' a players fee or use FMRTE to scupper a transfer, no matter how much I wanted to keep a player. Happened to me a fair few times moving Pro Vercelli up the leagues in Italy. I always get a nice grin on my face when I come up against one of my 'prospects' who was sold over me, now languishing in a big-teams reserves! :D

Despite having £18m in the bank, my chairman just tried to sell one of my most exciting young talents for £6m (worth £3m).

A semi-cheating workaround is to offer the player out to everyone on loan, then you keep a chance of deciding his future. Worked for me anyway. I got the impression my midfielder really didn't want to leave anyway.

This doesn't help at all. I have had players sold fro £5m when I have had a balance of £50m and won the treble for 5 seasons in Iceland. Yes I do know how ironic it is that I have money in Iceland....

Yeah if you can't handle the chairman's interference then I'm afraid you'll have to move on. Personally would never 'fix' a players fee or use FMRTE to scupper a transfer, no matter how much I wanted to keep a player. Happened to me a fair few times moving Pro Vercelli up the leagues in Italy. I always get a nice grin on my face when I come up against one of my 'prospects' who was sold over me, now languishing in a big-teams reserves! :D

This. 100%

Players never seem to progress the same when they leave your management and often end up below what their potential was when they were at your club.

Archived