confuesed by fmh /:

i always start out as a good team on Fmh but no matter who i sign my team cant do f**k all right?

ive tried every tatic as man utd atm..made decent signings like villa,xavi and valdes but they never

can seem to do well enough? any ideas on formations or players too sign?:p

It may not be your tactic but who you brought/sold as too many can unsettle a squad and big name signings with Man Utd isn't needed in terms of strikers etc... (all you need is a good MC and young GK for back up first season).

However here is a tactic creating guide.

cheers for the tatcic help mate and i do as you said about the players but that never seems to work i mean like ive signed david de gea (atheltico madrid) and he cant play well in the league same with pastore who i signed aswell "/

What you need is subs not first team players, Van Der Sar has a season in him giving someone like Akinfeev time to mature under your squad. Pastore too is one for a future, all you need for Man Utd is a DMC to play with your AMC/s.

A little tip is search players with 10+ in all stats for outfielders and 10+ in goalkeeping for goalkeepers, also for outfield players versatility is the key so if you have a DC with 16 tackling and everything else blue but you have a DLRC with 15 for tackling and the rest blue go for the DLRC as he can cover you more and will be better value for money.

(I won the treble with Chelsea first season spending under £10m on two strikers to play a 433.)

cheers for the tatcic help mate and i do as you said about the players but that never seems to work i mean like ive signed david de gea (atheltico madrid) and he cant play well in the league same with pastore who i signed aswell "/

David De Gea?! Did you have a preminition?!

And let me tell you something too:

Whatever you do and how much time you will ever spend on tactics and reviewing new players. The handheld version has still a lot of random and odd results in it. My 120+ season experience told me not to spend too much time in trying different tactics.

Just try it out. Simply play the same game with the same players 20 to 30 times and you will see that it is like a bell curve. Around 60% of the games going as expected. The rest gives always an advantage to the underdog - for whatever reason. Means also with the best team ever you will never catch all titles or win all games.

In my mind the game engine is pretty old and has not improved much during the last years. It is far away from PC version and I hope for a step up on the Ipad in the future.

Greetings

Oliver

• SI Staff
Just try it out. Simply play the same game with the same players 20 to 30 times and you will see that it is like a bell curve. Around 60% of the games going as expected. The rest gives always an advantage to the underdog - for whatever reason. Means also with the best team ever you will never catch all titles or win all games.

If you're finding results 'erratic' then its normally the result of either a goalkeeper with poor concentration or having a very young team (or both) ...

Basically if you've a keeper with poor concentration but otherwise good ability then some matches he'll be solid, other times (especially if your team is dominating a match) he might lose focus and let in goals. Similarly if you have a very young team they will be prone to getting cocky and over-confident on good form and prone to losing faith in themselves on bad form .. both of which can make results 'bitty'.

PS - Winning 'all' games isn't something which would be wholly realistic - its possible to do I have no doubt (there's nothing in the code to stop it happening), but in most cases freak happenings (sending off, injuries etc.) or just bad luck will cost a side at least one result a season ... heck the only unbeaten side ever in the Premiership was Arsenal and they didn't 'win' all their matches and sure as heck didn't get a clean sweep of trophies that year ...

Hi Marc

Considering the fact that we are not in position to judge all the "hidden" skills, abilities or game balance facts, as always, I have played with all kind of teams and goalkeeper. Old, medium, young and I am doing these tests from time to time just replaying 20 times the game looking on stats and results. The trend is always the same - random and fairly odd with just around 67% of rational results (Interesting it is nearly one standard deviation). Too low at all to spend time in finding an optimized solution.

However, I enjoy my new Ipad and your free version of FMHi (Thank you!) for the device just playing a bit BSP - Having fun all the time!

Keep going guys!

Oliver

Archived