Top Goalscorers v Real-Life

Has anybody else noticed how many goals the AI players seem to score that doesn't seem to reflect reality at all? I know all you guys can get your strikers to score 100 goals a season and all that but when Febian Brandy has scored 34 in 33 for an AI team then you know there is something wrong...

This season IRL, League One's top scorer is Craig Mackail-Smith with 29 goals:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/league-one/2010-2011/league-tables/top-goalscorers.html

Last season's top scorer in League One was Tubby Lambert:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/league-one/2009-2010/league-tables/top-goalscorers.html

and yet in my save, at the end of February with still 12 games to play, Brandy has 34 in 33 league games (plus 10 in 12 cup games) and Andrew Keogh has 32 in 34 (plus 2 in 5 cup games)...

npower%20League%201%20%28Stats_%20Player%20Stats%29-8.png

Spoils the realism for me... :(

Even the Premiership is a bit iffy. Of the 14 seasons I've done, 8 of those have seen someone get 30 or more, which just doesn't seem to be a part of the modern game. Maybe FM is just encouraging the AI managers to play more open and attacking football - more in line with the late 90s.

Well i would ask how do your total goal scored over each season look? Is one player scoring most of the team goals? Then surely he is going to get more. But certainly ive had seasons where one player has ooutshone others, with the rest of the team in single figures almost...

Even the Premiership is a bit iffy. Of the 14 seasons I've done, 8 of those have seen someone get 30 or more, which just doesn't seem to be a part of the modern game.

Yeah, it's a shame. I miss the old days of strike partnerships and the likes of Fowler, Shearer and Cole hitting 25+ or 30+ goals! :(

Now we're stuck with Man City style 4-5-1s with as many holding midfielders as they can possibly find. Boring! :D

Modern football is rubbish! :p I swear it was much better when I was a kid! :D

Maybe FM is just encouraging the AI managers to play more open and attacking football - more in line with the late 90s.

Can't say I've ever particularly an abnormal amount of goals for any AI controlled strikers on my saves.

You think thats bad.. Look how 'good' (Unrealistic) Villa has been..

ligabbvahistoryplayers.png

Yea, yea, yea, Ronaldo did it this season but he's one of the two best players in the world.

Edit: Forgot to mention, Villa was injured for the first 3 months of the season...

Brandy was top scorer last season too with 31 (which is a bit more reasonable)...

maybe it's just a blip and it will sort itself out, as others have mentioned there doesn't seem to be that much difference normally with only the odd season where there is a guy with a lot of goals. Mind you, last seasons second highest scorer in League One was one Stuart Fleetwood who plays for lowly Hereford ... (CA 1.5 stars apparantly) ... but the poor guy can't buy a start this season LOL! :D

Brandy was top scorer last season too with 31 (which is a bit more reasonable)...

maybe it's just a blip and it will sort itself out, as others have mentioned there doesn't seem to be that much difference normally with only the odd season where there is a guy with a lot of goals. Mind you, last seasons second highest scorer in League One was one Stuart Fleetwood who plays for lowly Hereford ... (CA 1.5 stars apparantly) ... but the poor guy can't buy a start this season LOL! :D

In my Macclesfield game, Brandy scored 32 goals in his first season for Southend, then my own player Barnett scored 38 the following season with Brandy trailing behind on 28.

I don't know if it's realistic or not though, I never paid too much attention to goalscoring charts but I do think some players literally rip leagues apart but are rubbish the league above. It's like they're stuck "in-between" but there's no "in-between" league for them to slot into... I say this on the basis of some old topics about players who left EPL clubs to a Championship club and have stupid goal tallies IRL but then again like I said I don't know much about it. =)

Archived