with the way you can load view only leagues could si ever put in an option were you can switch between leagues if you know what i mean. ie you have uploaded english league as playable an all others as view only but you get bored with it and wanna manage in other league you can go to options an make it playable. would be a good idea on slower computers i reckon

It's an idea that's been suggested many times before, and unfortunately, it just isn't viable. A view only league is on so much less detail from the start that it simply isn't possible to just switch detail on to full. One of the more obvious problems is that a view only league team would not have a full complement of players - and there's no easy way to work around this.

Either the AI from the country would suddenly have to become extremely aggressive in the transfer market to bring in the players needed, or;

The virtual 'greyed-out' players would have to become 'real', which would suddenly introduce over a hundred new players to the world game - imagine regen day, but some of the new guys are 25 year old superstars, or;

They're filled with awesome 16 year old regens, which is going to cause long term instability.

It's a great idea frog, but unfortunately, it's not clear how to implement it.

It doesn't fill them. They will normally only bring in enough players to cover the starting XI and a couple of injuries, then maybe another dozen reserve quality players. I can't remember exactly, but it roughly loses about a quarter of the players it should have.

Re-activating them would mean that they would have to try to buy in a bucketload of players from around the world, so you'd see a mass flux of transfers going into the league in one season, which would have a knock on effect on everyone else. Imagine what would happen IRL if every team in the Spanish top division went out to buy 10 players this summer.

Archived