Since Italian don't have reserve league and U20 League can field 2 Over 21 players...

Why don't make the option "Available for U20 until match fit" instead of "Available for reserve until match fit" ?

IIRC, Italians do let those who has just back from injury to train with their Primavera sides. Plus there ain't much use for reserve option, right ?

• 3 months later...

It's been mentioned once or twice before as a bug I think.

It's because you can still arrange friendlies for your reserve team, in which case 'Available for reserve until match fit' option makes sense.

There is no "reserve team" in Italy - no such thing exists. So "making someone available for your reserves" doesn't make sense either. The option should really be "make available for the Under-20s" in Italy.

The alternative for me is that we should be able to arbitrarily divide our squad up into as many "teams" as we want whilst designating which team plays in which competition, and it can change over time.

LOL at that A-League rules.

This has been FM's issue since like forever.

Leagues outside English barely got serious attention, even major league like Italian.

I guess because SI deemed league outside English aren't their main target.

That's why competition in market is needed :(

LOL at that A-League rules.

This has been FM's issue since like forever.

Leagues outside English barely got serious attention, even major league like Italian.

I guess because SI deemed league outside English aren't their main target.

That's why competition in market is needed :(

That's bull. Look at the FM12 blog where he talks about how they're tyring to better simulate the A-league and MLS rules.

Thsi thread is about a piddlingly insignificant inconveniencce with a universal shortcut that hasn't been customised for the requirements of individual leagues. To say it means they don't care about any leagues but the English because of a couple of bits of slightly sloppy implementation is stupid. The EPL's rules have always been perfect mainly because the EPL doesn't have any complicated rules. It doesn't have reserve teams playing in the lower leagues, or caps on the number of foreign nationals, or wage caps or anything like that- and it didn't even have squad registration.

Even if the EPL was played by no one, it'd still've been modelled perfectly, cos there's been nothing needed but default league pyramid settings (until the recent homegrown limits and squad registrations) and even if all the other leagues were far more popular, there'd still be mistakes, because mistakes slip through in all areas of the game.

Acting like they don't care is just churlish. And illoigcal- they sell a decent chunk of copies in Europe, and English people like to play in Serie A and La Liga etc. too.

Archived