Youth Intake

I don't know for sure but I suspect its to do with the formation your youth team plays compared against the available players in the youth team, ie it tries to fill the gaps.

I also suspect that either coaches or current first team squad have a small influence - ATM in my current save I have several big, strong, slow DCs and the last two youth intakes have seen the same type of DCs appear.

I don't know for sure but I suspect its to do with the formation your youth team plays compared against the available players in the youth team, ie it tries to fill the gaps.

I also suspect that either coaches or current first team squad have a small influence - ATM in my current save I have several big, strong, slow DCs and the last two youth intakes have seen the same type of DCs appear.

But I have it set to 'Play Same Formation As First Team' ?

the youth intakes never seem to make much sense... I'd like to see a full eleven players based on your 'usual' formation (GK to ST and all in between) come through every season... they don't have to be great, just be able to be played in their natural position...

I wanted to know this too. It infuriates me beyond belief when I get one youth keeper come through the academy in two years. And I cannot for the life of me sign a promising keeper. Its my weak spot - I can find and successfully steal the next big defenders, strikers etc but goalkeepers, I just pick terrible ones.

I think it may come down to your current First Team holes in the starting 11 and backups. Also to a lesser extent your reserves.

The better youth facilities and that junk you have the better the qualities of youth intake. Also th better coaches you have also.

Sadly, this isnt true. I do not play with wingers, my clubs preferred formation doesnt include wingers. Yet my youth academy produces them.

this is something that needs improving imo.

the way i have been told it works is like this, youth intake positions are based on what your club are currently short on or have a lack of.

for example if you play a formation with no wingers, you will most likely have no wingers in your team due to having no use for them.

the ai sees you have none and gives you some. pretty flawed as i have pointed out above so i feel it needs improving.

• SI Staff

The youth intake is random at its base, but there are checks to make sure the youth team is not overcrowded at different positions etc. so there are tendencies in the intake based on your current youth players.

Thanks for the answer.

Just curious, but are player nationalities less random? Because I find I tend to get players from countries I have high scouting knowledge for. I play as an Irish manager in Italy 90% of the time, and I often see Irish youth intake.

• SI Staff

Player nationalities are based on multiple variables. Things that affect newgen nationalities (both first and second) are mainly national tendencies (DB based ratio of nationalities in each nation etc.), city tendencies, club scouting knowledge, club staff nationalities and some other more minor special cases. So yes, having a high scouting knowledge of a certain nation is likely to increase the chances of getting a newgen from that nation.

So I am just beginning my third season in charge of the same club and believe that I have upgraded my youth facilities as much as possible. However, I have not gotten the offer (in the boardroom screen) to improve youth networking. How do I go about getting to that point? My last intake was poor with no one who is going to make my squad so I would really like to increase the quality of the regens that are coming in

Thanks

Archived