Shortlist Question

I've been wondering if there's any evidence to suggest that having a player on an active shortlist (or indeed any shortlist) has any effect on how likely AI teams are to bid on that player? Basically, do AI teams have any knowledge about whether you're scouting/looking at players? Thanks.

yes if u have a player on a shortlist other teams bid for him! if u don't put him on a shortlist they are likely not to bid and might lose interest in him in time! if u have a player u want and there are many clubs interested don't shortlist him but check to see if anyone has made any offer!

yes if u have a player on a shortlist other teams bid for him! if u don't put him on a shortlist they are likely not to bid and might lose interest in him in time! if u have a player u want and there are many clubs interested don't shortlist him but check to see if anyone has made any offer!

I'm not sure I can agree with these statements.

How can clubs know your shortlist? I have players on my shortlist that never attract interest from anyone else, and more often or not my bids are met with no competition. If anything I think it is paranoia that would make one think players on your shortlist would get bid on more often.

I'm actually more worried about a player on my shortlist, that is out of contract, getting no interest. I'd love to sign him up but money is an issue. The season's end should bring about a bit of an exodus at my club and I can maybe get him in, but I'm concerned that with no interest he might give up playing.

on a similar note, every time i bid for a player and my assistant tells me my bid as been leaked to the press, no other teams join in with a bid themselves. This is on high profile players which i would expect more of a transfer scramble for when they see that i'm making a bid for the player.

Archived