Scottish Club to go

Depends what your really after mate,, I mean if you dont want the ones you have mentioned then is it still a SPL club you are after ,, or go lower lg teams like Raith or Falkirk and go for promotion ??

In the SPL you could try the likes of Dundee Unt , and build around the likes of goodwillie , and try get em back to the highs of like they where in 87 ,,getting to euro final beating Barca with the likes of Malpas and sturrock

Or go Aberdeen and start with them and try do an Alex Ferguson career copy

Good luck whatever you pick

Don't have any knowledge of Scottish football at all, i don't even know how many Scottish divisions are in the game but any ideas for a team on the lowest tier?

I've been thinking about this for a while and i think it could be a very interesting challenge to bring them up, dominate Scotland and then Europe.. it could take a while but it should be fun.

Try Dundee Utd or Aberdeen. I used to be the former quite often when I tried to take down the old firm. SPL's boring if you're either Rangers or Celtic because the only games that end up meaning anything are the old firm matches.

Try Dundee Utd or Aberdeen. I used to be the former quite often when I tried to take down the old firm. SPL's boring if you're either Rangers or Celtic because the only games that end up meaning anything are the old firm matches.

I really dont think thats the case. Dundee United are a stronger outfit now (actually signed 3 of their players on my latest Rangers save and 3 more im considering) and have a really strong basis of players with a bigger transfer budget than Rangers.

Rangers have a pretty febile squad and as a result one or two injuries can ruin a season. Selling players in not really an option unless you can replace with 2 players of equal skill for a half of the price.

Celtic are the team that dominate the game. On my old save (created team in Div 3) by time i got to the SPL, Celtic where 4 in a row, Rangers where averageing finnishing 7th. Dundee United lost all their good players to England and where bottom 3, Falkirk, Inverness, Aberdeen and Celtic where the games that mattered to win. I ended going 2 in a row because i could find the same weakness in all 3 top teams (lack of pace in their defence) so i just signed pacey strikers and blizted the league.

I dunno about Celtic as ive never went as them but i know on FM11 a Rangers career is certainly difficult in the early days.

With Scottish leagues I always use Aberdeen for the prem, (lots of history but currently rubbish) and Berwick for the low divisions (division 3, reasonable squad for the level, beat Rangers in the cup decades ago and narrowly lost to Celtic in the cup last year, plus they're an English team who play in Scotland).

Livingstone are quite good, decent set up but they are in the 2nd division because of previous financial problems, they have a 1st division squad already and potential to develop into a big enough team, im biased towards Aberdeen but its a slog for the first 5/6 seasons. Dundee is a hard one because of the money side of things. The likes of East Fife and Annon can be quite good, again there is a lot of room to improve the club, im my save East Fife went pro after 7 seasons and are now pushing for the 1st division with a 10,000 seater stadium, so there must be good possibilities there.

Go with Dundee if you want a challlenge. They start the game on -25 points and very little in the way of money. In any save that I've seen they always get relegated to div2.

I'm playing a Dundee United save I started a few days ago. It's been amazing. 3 seasons in with two 3rd place finishes. Am going to find it hard to break the old firm monopoly I think. Sold a lot of the players I have as I am trying to build a bank up. Hard to keep within the wage structure though. Pulled of Europa group stages as well.

Archived