Not enough transfer offers !!

I have noticed that I rarely get any transfer offers for any of my best players!!

I mean if i transfer list them or offer them out,, then i will,,, but how realsitic is it NOT to have teams come trying to steal away your star men??

I get plenty of managers and such coming to my stadium to watch players they announce interest in,and i have stopped responding now with HANDS OFF msgs , but I have just played 3 seasons , half way through my fourth and I still cant remember any unwelcomed offers comming in. And even when i do tempt an offer its rarely much more than the market value!!

In previous versions teams would attempt to poach your star players ,, and sometimes your chairman would accept,, which was good as it made your time tougher.

Now all you have to do is spend some time,, build your team ,, and when happy simply hold onto them and win everything (hardly realistic) :mad:

It was the same in last years game and I hoped that they may have done something new for this years, but alas NOT.

I agree.

I only get offers for U21 players, and they're always much lower than they'd expect you to pay.

The only time I get offers for senior players is when I transfer list them.

Glasgow Rangers,,,

Won the SPL every season and Have also won both cups, ( not always a treble every season , but have claimed all the cups at some point) ,, In europe got as far as the Quarter final of the Chap lg last season.

Like said ,, plenty of teams interested in a lot of players ,, just never make bids. Would have thought the likes of Boughera, Davis and McGreggor would entice a few from somewhere lol,, but not.

I dont want to lose all my best players obviously ,, but just seems a tad unrealistic when no one comes even trying

There's no need to look for excuses - you have to really fight in this game to get transfer offers in, when the AI is more than happy to waste massive money on players from other clubs.

Yeh theyre only National ,, but still should get more than NONE!!1

In real life , if Rangers ever got to the quarter final stage of the champions league, , then you can bet in the Summer some clubs down south (maybe not the big 4) would come sniffing. And i have full international players on the books ???

It is obvious that the AI is programmed to go for bargains only. They will VERY rarely go for Important/Key players because they are not programmed to unless we speak about clubs like Manchester City or Chelsea.

The reason they go for hot prospects is simply that they have high PA, low value and low squad status. If you transfer list a superstar player for free but keep him at Indispensible to the club, noone will be interested (I presume).

I have the opposite problem when it comes to my Sampdoria team, I have to fight off unwelcome bids more often than I would like. Issuing hands off warnings seems to interpreted by the AI to make useless offers.

Thoroughly agreed, it's absolutely insane how litle attention you get. Even some of my fringe players on low wages, who perform very well when asked, court next to no attention at all. And when they do, no one actually does bid or bid ridiculously low.

The reason they go for hot prospects is simply that they have high PA, low value and low squad status. If you transfer list a superstar player for free but keep him at Indispensible to the club, noone will be interested (I presume).

Not in FM11 - it's easy to sell top class players if you transfer list them, even if you offer them out at double value.

The problem is getting offers for players you haven't listed.

I'm also getting the opposite, right now

I don't know how many times I?ve issued a hands-off warning for Navas, Negredo, Santon or Cala right now... ¬¬

Issuing hands off is not the same as receiving offers though. My main defender is the target of other clubs all the time, I always do 'hands off' but despite being one of the most successful young defenders around still nobody has offered even his market value for him, which is unrealistic.

To get back more onto the OPs post, I agree. Not only does the AI avoid human team players like the plague but to add insult to injury will often offer outrageous sums of money for virtual nobodies from other clubs. Someone offered me 3.5 mill for a MC I have, hes 22 and worth 3.5, so I negotiated and said Id accept 7 mill (not unrealistic at all) and they instantly rejected it. Later that week they offered 10 mill for a 3 mill rated player from some French club who according to my main scout (17 and 19 for judging stats) is no better than my player, wth is up with that?

Issuing hands off is not the same as receiving offers though. My main defender is the target of other clubs all the time, I always do 'hands off' but despite being one of the most successful young defenders around still nobody has offered even his market value for him, which is unrealistic.

To get back more onto the OPs post, I agree. Not only does the AI avoid human team players like the plague but to add insult to injury will often offer outrageous sums of money for virtual nobodies from other clubs. Someone offered me 3.5 mill for a MC I have, hes 22 and worth 3.5, so I negotiated and said Id accept 7 mill (not unrealistic at all) and they instantly rejected it. Later that week they offered 10 mill for a 3 mill rated player from some French club who according to my main scout (17 and 19 for judging stats) is no better than my player, wth is up with that?

Gotten offers too. Negredo's and Cala's, were pretty much peanuts, but Navas and Santon got a couple 20m offers from the likes of Arsenal and CHelsea. Rejected them, thou :p

• Administrators

Yeah as Pro Vercelli I get a ridiculous amount of offers for my players. Especially the younger ones. Would agree the more experienced players don't seem to be approached as often mind.

I'd say I probably don't get enough offers for senior players, as Neil said, but I do get some offers. For example, sold Essien at 30 on my current save for a huge amount because I got a great offer, also sold Mancienne at 28 again for a very good offer. So I get a few, but not many

I've got the complete opposite experience. I'm playing as Lancaster City and I've got half a dozen very good youngsters (they have pretty much single handedly got us from the BSN to League 1) and I'm rejecting about a dozen offers a week. I'm not talking stupid little offers either, the best of the bunch is valued at about £800k and I recently turned down a £4.5m offer for him.

I'm just praying my chairman doesn't step in and sell him!

I must say as Aberdeen i fight off speculation and bids quite a lot, but i do agree it tends to be the younger folk, i know i could shift any player in my team for easily double their in game value, but i would have to actively try and get rid of them. I do reject bids for younger players all the time, until i bump their asking price up to over £10m then i just seem to get speculation which i completely ignore, dont think i have responded to a transfer rumor in 8 seasons. I personally like it this way, i hated in older versions constantly rejecting bids, having an unhappy player, telling him you want the club to grow and repeating such every 6 months, now i control who comes and goes at all times, except the two occasions the chairman has stepped in.

no if you offer them out you should get bids, as long as the player is not on a crazy contract only you would pay.

Yeah as Pro Vercelli I get a ridiculous amount of offers for my players. Especially the younger ones. Would agree the more experienced players don't seem to be approached as often mind.

Yup, that's the problem.

In one of my saves I have a very young squad (almost all 23 or younger) and I've given up even negotiating; I get so many transfer bids every in-game day that it's simply far easier to reject all and either let the chairman usurp me if he's so inclined or sell those who won't renew their contracts.

Contrary to Ackter's experience, I do have a 28 year old right back for whom I've had a lot of bids - mostly from other Monicomp Liga sides as he's quite low value for an international. I've never had a genuinely top class player though, so I've no idea how things are at Ackter's end of the market.

I've got the complete opposite experience. I'm playing as Lancaster City and I've got half a dozen very good youngsters (they have pretty much single handedly got us from the BSN to League 1) and I'm rejecting about a dozen offers a week. I'm not talking stupid little offers either, the best of the bunch is valued at about £800k and I recently turned down a £4.5m offer for him.

I'm just praying my chairman doesn't step in and sell him!

Those are cheap players. Just as I said, the AI goes for bargains almost exclusively. That being said, there are a few big transfers in my game so far

<a  href=http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/6178/transfers2016.png' alt='transfers2016.png'> Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

My best players keep getting pinched, I wish I was you guys :(

I'm trying to build a squad of 19-22 year old 'prospects' who are good enough to play in League 1 and improve enough to play at Championship level or higher but the AI keeps bidding for my best players and my Board keep accepting the bids :mad:

Still, if I can hold onto the players I have now, and pick up another right-back and striker that are under 22 then the future looks promising, especially as most of the deadwood high earners that I want rid of will be OOC at the end of the season - they need to be as I'm over budget by about 10% :(

9 or 10 seasons in my save and never sold a single player. Got about 6 offers in total for players which were all for less than they were worth. Not very realistic imo.

Loads of interest, no bids. Yep, the same last year 2.

Archived