Why my Real Madrid cannot sign Navas?

I paid the minimum release clause but he refused to talk about the contract. He doesn't dislike Real Madrid or me.

Also Sevilla did sell Real Madrid Ramos before, the relationship between the 2 clubs isn't that bad.

You need to accept that you can't sign every player you want.

Some players simply won't want to join you for a number of reasons, even when you are Real Madrid.

What did the scout reports say?

Did your AM filter him out when looking at your shortlist?

You need to accept that you can't sign every player you want.

Some players simply won't want to join you for a number of reasons, even when you are Real Madrid.

What did the scout reports say?

Did your AM filter him out when looking at your shortlist?

Scout said he got no intention.

But it's hard to explain, he doesn't hate RM or me. I can't find a reason that he simply refuse to talk.

While I agree with the sentiment that a team shouldn't be able to sign any player they want, in cases like this, it would be better if the game/player at least gave a reason for it. No player will refuse to join a team 'Just because'.

Some players hate RM(Eto'o) or like Barca too much, but it' not the majority.

Remember Van Der Vaart? He once said he must join Barca in the future but still came to RM in 2008(I really miss him).

But it's hard to explain, he doesn't hate RM or me. I can't find a reason that he simply refuse to talk.

So basically your scout told you that he had "No intention of joining your club" and yet you are surprised when he won't talk to you :rolleyes:

Whats the point in using your scouts if you ignore what they say?

Did you try to improve your chances in any way before making the offer? - Talk to the media about him? Praise him?

While I agree with the sentiment that a team shouldn't be able to sign any player they want, in cases like this, it would be better if the game/player at least gave a reason for it. No player will refuse to join a team 'Just because'.

Could be for any number of reasons, I don't really feel it needs spelled out, the scout had already told him.

League rivals, high levels of loyalty, happy at the club he is at etc etc

So basically your scout told you that he had "No intention of joining your club" and yet you are surprised when he won't talk to you :rolleyes:

Did you try to improve your chances in any way before making the offer? - Talk to the media about him? Praise him?

Could be for any number of reasons, I don't really feel it needs spelled out, the scout had already told him.

I know what the scout said, but I want to know WHY he got no intention.

Unlike Barca and Valencia, Sevilla and Real Madrid's relationship isn't really bad. Ramos also likes Sevilla a lot, was happy at that time but he still came to Real Madrid.

So why can't the scout report or the player say that. Would add more realism.

It's very easy to explain. He has no intention of joining RM, either he's very happy at his current club, or he's loyal and won't leave for a rival. If you really want a player who says they don't want to join, you have to spend a lot of effort buttering them up, sometimes to no avail.

It's very easy to explain. He has no intention of joining RM, either he's very happy at his current club, or he's loyal and won't leave for a rival. If you really want a player who says they don't want to join, you have to spend a lot of effort buttering them up, sometimes to no avail.

Again Real Madrid and Sevilla are NOT rivals, at least not like Manchester United and Liverpool. Ramos came from there.

And I just added new manager to coach Lyon and make the bid. he's willing to join Lyon which is more unrealistic because he got homesickness.

So why can't the scout report or the player say that. Would add more realism.

Why would it add more realism? Players get approached all the time by clubs and many will just say no (usually via their agent) and not give a reason.

Remember, if you add a reason, it has to be done across the whole game, not just because you're Real Madrid and feel you deserve an explanation.

Again Real Madrid and Sevilla are NOT rivals, at least not like Manchester United and Liverpool. Ramos came from there.

And I just added new manager to coach Lyon and make the bid. he's willing to join Lyon which is more unrealistic because he got homesickness.

You know that clubs don't have to be marked down as rivals on the information screen to be considered rivals in the game. For example any time Almeria bid for one of my Barcelona players, in my 2025 save, (not that often mind you) I get the option to cite rivalry as one of my refusals, simply because due to a take over about 7 years previously they have won La Liga and are consistently in the CL spots or 5th, they are nowhere on Barcelona's rival sheet.

Anyway I just meant that he may be loyal to his club in such a way that he wouldn't move to any club in the same competition, you know, like the reason Raul went to Schalke instead of staying in Spain back last Summer.

Of course that whole arguement is defeated by the fact that if you look at Sevilla's information screen Real are listed as "other rivals", so then actual rivalry could be the answer, despite your denials.

Why would it add more realism? Players get approached all the time by clubs and many will just say no (usually via their agent) and not give a reason.

Remember, if you add a reason, it has to be done across the whole game, not just because you're Real Madrid and feel you deserve an explanation.

A player just doesn't refuse to sign for a team for no reason. I'm pretty sure in communication which we, the public aren't privy too, they'll give a reason.

Talk about realism.

We all know Real Madrid bought Ramos and Baptista from Sevilla in 2006, Ramos is homegrown and Baptista was the top star of Sevilla at that time.

Even for Valencia, RM's rival, Real Madrid still got Albiol from them in 2009 and almost got the deal with David Villa. The deal failed not because David Vila didn't want to join, it's their chairman wanted 50M.

You know that clubs don't have to be marked down as rivals on the information screen to be considered rivals in the game. For example any time Almeria bid for one of my Barcelona players, in my 2025 save, (not that often mind you) I get the option to cite rivalry as one of my refusals, simply because due to a take over about 7 years previously they have won La Liga and are consistently in the CL spots or 5th, they are nowhere on Barcelona's rival sheet.

Anyway I just meant that he may be loyal to his club in such a way that he wouldn't move to any club in the same competition, you know, like the reason Raul went to Schalke instead of staying in Spain back last Summer.

Of course that whole arguement is defeated by the fact that if you look at Sevilla's information screen Real are listed as "other rivals", so then actual rivalry could be the answer, despite your denials.

If you look at Ramos' profile, he also favored Sevilla, FMRTE showed 100 but he still willingly joined RM in 2006.

Before 2011 or 2010, I got no problem on signing players from these teams.

well probably because he is loyal to his club. You can't sign every player. Some of them are very loyal and doesn't want to move like Totti for example. You can't sign him not now not even in his best years.

I don't see how a scout would know the reasons for a player not wanting to move, but I do agree that there should be some indication somewhere of why a player won't move, like when a scout report says, 'X team are unlikely to want to sell the player, he is a key member of the squad' or whatever. Maybe there should be an expansion of the player interaction feature, it is pretty bland at the moment.

well probably because he is loyal to his club. You can't sign every player. Some of them are very loyal and doesn't want to move like Totti for example. You can't sign him not now not even in his best years.

1 He is willing to join Lyon.

2 Look at FMRTE how much Ramos like Sevilla.

1 He is willing to join Lyon.

2 Look at FMRTE how much Ramos like Sevilla.

1. Which suggests he doesn't want to join another Spanish club as they are league rivals.

2. Means absolutely nothing, Ramos is already at Madrid on FM.

Reading between the lines you are just annoyed that you can't sign anyone you want. This isn't an issue with FM, its an issue with your expectations.

What's more likely, a player won't move for no reason, or a player not moving for a reason?

Its not a question of a player not having a reason not to move, its a question of does he want to let other people know the reason. He is quite within his rights just to say "No thanks, I'm not interested", he isn't under any obligation to explain his reasoning.

EDIT

Obviously, this is more aimed at RL than FM as FM works in numbers but I still see no real benefit from knowing a reason.

I'm not discounting that the OP isn't a bug, or something should be looked at. Just that a player is within his rights to say "no thanks" without giving a reason.

Now, in the world of FM there is always a reason. Be it a new contract, loyalty, likes/dislikes, club rep etc. I don't play FM11 so don't know what the reason it. I just don't think evey rejection should have a reason.

I think when you scout a player there should be a reason given, I always took the player has no intention of joining as meaning my side didn't have a high enough rep. Surely it would do no harm for the scout to say something like you might have trouble signing him due to our rivalry or due to the players intense loyalty to his current team.

If you look at Ramos' profile, he also favored Sevilla, FMRTE showed 100 but he still willingly joined RM in 2006.

Before 2011 or 2010, I got no problem on signing players from these teams.

You're not even listening to my arguement so why should I bother?

1. Which suggests he doesn't want to join another Spanish club as they are league rivals.

2. Means absolutely nothing, Ramos is already at Madrid on FM.

Reading between the lines you are just annoyed that you can't sign anyone you want. This isn't an issue with FM, its an issue with your expectations.

Again RM and Sevilla are NOT really rivals in real life.

So what? He came FROM Sevilla in 2006. Are you saying his love of Sevilla wasn't that strong when he left?

I just loaded a small game as Real Madrid manager I bid for and had offers accepted by Sevilla for.

Mathieu

Navas

Negrado

Zokora

Capel

Luis Fabiano

Sergio Sanchez

Fazio

Palop

Only Luis Fabiano would even talk about a contract. When I couldn't offer contracts I holidayed and they all rejected due to the rivalry. Anyone who thinks there is not a problem with that is clearly in the wrong.

I just loaded a small game as Real Madrid manager I bid for and had offers accepted by Sevilla for.

Mathieu

Navas

Negrado

Zokora

Capel

Luis Fabiano

Sergio Sanchez

Fazio

Palop

Only Luis Fabiano would even talk about a contract. When I couldn't offer contracts I holidayed and they all rejected due to the rivalry. Anyone who thinks there is not a problem with that is clearly in the wrong.

Yeah, they simply cannot explain why RM was able to sign important and homegrown players from Sevilla and even rival Valencia.

I got no problem with Negrado since he said he won't come back to RM.

FM clearly has the rivalry thing a bit messed up as several people have posted about this sort of thing before. Sevilla might not appear in game as rivals but in the editor a rivalry is given a rating out of 100 and there might still be a slight rivalry with Sevilla that is not high enough to show up in game.

I mean that unless you start responding to my posts, why should I even bother trying to explain to you the many valid reasons why he may not sign for you?

I already give out my point, Ramos also got 100 like(which is MAX) for Sevilla and he's also homegrown, but he still came to RM in 2006. Navas got no difference, his like is also 100, and he doesn't hate RM or me.

I already give out my point, Ramos also got 100 like(which is MAX) for Sevilla and he's also homegrown, but he still came to RM in 2006. Navas got no difference, his like is also 100, and he doesn't hate RM or me.

But you're not responding to any of my points. That's what's really annoying. When you quote someone it is in response to what they say, not to make a point which has nothing to do with what they say.

The points I made were a) I was using the word "rival" as an identification of a club with similar expectations to your own, rather than a derby rival, 2) I gave an example of what I meant, 3) I gave a real life example of the same thing happened (Raul is on record as saying that he couldn't go to any other club in Spain, just in case it hurt Real) and finally I made the point that you're "they're not my rivals" arguement is not true, as Sevilla list Real as rivals.

But you're not responding to any of my points. That's what's really annoying. When you quote someone it is in response to what they say, not to make a point which has nothing to do with what they say.

The points I made were a) I was using the word "rival" as an identification of a club with similar expectations to your own, rather than a derby rival, 2) I gave an example of what I meant, 3) I gave a real life example of the same thing happened (Raul is on record as saying that he couldn't go to any other club in Spain, just in case it hurt Real) and finally I made the point that you're "they're not my rivals" arguement is not true, as Sevilla list Real as rivals.

Don't you find it a bit strange that it is nearly impossible to sign any Sevilla player?

Nah, RM and Sevilla's expectations are not on the same level. RM got 10-20+ points ahead these years.

Even if they are, how are you gonna explain the case of Ramos and Albiol? Rivals didn't mean their players won't want to join you. Just like others listed, most of the players in Valencia and Sevilla won't even talk to RM, which is not the case in real life.

Mathieu

Navas

Negrado

Zokora

Capel

Luis Fabiano

Sergio Sanchez

Fazio

Palop

I don't think anyone has said that there isn't an issue with league rivals unable to sign players from each other.

Its been raised a few times before, more specifically with the Italian leagues and FWIW I think it seems to be a little on the harsh side. That said I've never come across it myself, probably because I don't have any expectations that I can sign a player from another team in the same league unless they are rotting in the reserves. I also would never sell a player to a team in the same league without a very good reason.

What bugs me slightly about this thread is that Shadowleech seems to feel as if he has a right to sign the player and that the player shouldn't be given a say in it. He also doesn't seem to have made any attempt to use the media/player interaction to improve his chances of signing the player and he isn't taking in what others are telling him.

Thinking again about adding a reason onto the scout report I was perhaps a little hasty before and if the wording was right I could see it being a benefit - Along the lines of "X doesn't have any intention of joining due to your club being a league rival"

I don't think anyone has said that there isn't an issue with league rivals unable to sign players from each other.

Its been raised a few times before, more specifically with the Italian leagues and FWIW I think it seems to be a little on the harsh side. That said I've never come across it myself, probably because I don't have any expectations that I can sign a player from another team in the same league unless they are rotting in the reserves. I also would never sell a player to a team in the same league without a very good reason.

What bugs me slightly about this thread is that Shadowleech seems to feel as if he has a right to sign the player and that the player shouldn't be given a say in it. He also doesn't seem to have made any attempt to use the media/player interaction to improve his chances of signing the player and he isn't taking in what others are telling him.

Thinking again about adding a reason onto the scout report I was perhaps a little hasty before and if the wording was right I could see it being a benefit - Along the lines of "X doesn't have any intention of joining due to your club being a league rival"

In real life, most of the transfers go between the same league. Sevilla sold IMPORTANT players to both RM and Barca. And if the deal fails it's usually about the club chairman won't sell them rather than players won't join.

Again, I questioned it because Ramos, Baptista and Albiol's case showed it's not normal in real life.

I did try to say it in the press and it made him dislike me(didn't save it). I signed his brother to RM but he still refuse to even talk about the contract.

i'll give you one example of real life that if it happened on FM people like this guy would moan...

Antonio Valencia, after claiming a move to Real Madrid would be a 'dream move' turned down the offer not long before his move to United...

i'll give you one example of real life that if it happened on FM people like this guy would moan...

Antonio Valencia, after claiming a move to Real Madrid would be a 'dream move' turned down the offer not long before his move to United...

No, RM didn't want to pay that much(around 19M) to sign him that winter and he could not play for ECC that season, so later they loaned Faubert which was a super stupid decision.

Archived