first in npower championship = not promoted ?

Hi,

I am not sure this is a bug or whether I misunderstand something:

In my save "Stoke City" was first in npower championship in 2012/2013 (says the "highest league position" tab)

Still they are paying npower championship in 2013/2014 (current year) ?

Shouldnt they have been promoted to premier league?

Probably I am just too dumb to understand the English league system :)

The highest league position tab is the highest position they achieved at any point of the season. It isn't the same as their final league position.

To check this, go to the Championship table, and in the top right hand corner, change the year to 2012/2013. This should show where they actually finished.

Hope I explained that well enough ;)

Hi,

In my save "Stoke City" was first in npower championship in 2012/2013 (says the "highest league position" tab)

Highest league position is just that, the highest league position they have been at some point during the season. It doesn't mean they finished the season there, in fact its pretty much a useless stat IMO.

You need to look under the History > Competition > Domestic League to see the position they finished the season at.

Hi,

No, you're not too dumb to understand the English League system. The term "highest league position" however, I'm not so certain. That refers to the highest place that they were at some point in the season, not at the end of the season, if every team that had been first at some point were promoted, there would be an awfully large number of promoted teams.

Have fun!

Archived