Just not a good day

Play FC Halifax, In Northern Premier League Premier division (Evo-Stick Premier), level 7. Had a good start to the league, although only at the end of November. In first, with a 19 match unbeaten streak. Then today showed up.

I made it to the FA Cup 2nd round, a match against Coventry (League 2, level 4). To say it went bad would be an understatement. Not only did I lose 5-0, but by best central defender gets suspended for 2 games for a red (appealing) and, even worse, my best striker tears a calf muscle and is out 5 months.

I'd like to hear other stories about disastrous games and what you did to get past it.

In FM 2010, I had all four out of five "main" strikers injured in the final game of the league season. Went on to win the FA Cup final (2-0) and the Euro Champions League Final (5-0) using my youth team strikers... ^_^ And yes the youths did score the majority of the goals in those games so I was quite happy, I didn't expect to win so comfortably to be fair.

In FM 2011, I missed out on promotion from League 2 due to an injury crisis. I had six key players out at various times in the run in to the final few games and we never really recovered. But that was alright, the next season we went on to demolish everything and take the league crown so I wasn't too hard done by =D

Archived