Upgrading to iMac

My hint - Don't. Apple products are over priced and not as good as the money you spend. Stick with Windows run PCs.

I disagree, I've recently upgraded for a Windows PC to an iMac and couldn't be happier. My personal opinion is that my Mac is worth every penny I spent on it. And to answer the original OP question, I transferred my saved games, graphics, tatics, etc over no problem at all.

My hint - Don't. Apple products are over priced and not as good as the money you spend. Stick with Windows run PCs.

Don't be ignorant. If you have the money. Go buy an iMac, they're great.

As for the question, yes. Just go into your folder where you'r saves are and copy them and put them on a USB Drive and then stick it into the iMac and put it in Documents > Sports Interactive > FM11 > games

by all meens if you want a mac then do it BUT you can build/buy the same less or better for the same price, with windows 7 being so good now there is no reason to spend more for a mac but like i said if you want a mac then by all meens do it, as for your question im not sure, some from si would be better placed to answer but i cant see y they shouldnt work

by all meens if you want a mac then do it BUT you can build/buy the same less or better for the same price, with windows 7 being so good now there is no reason to spend more for a mac but like i said if you want a mac then by all meens do it, as for your question im not sure, some from si would be better placed to answer but i cant see y they shouldnt work

There's always a Windows user itching to complain about Macs, regardless of what the topic or question is about. The question was "will my PC save games work on Mac?" - not "should I buy a Mac?".

Also - yes, you can build a cheap computer. You can also buy a cheap car, or a cheap instrument. But everything isn't about specs and numbers, especially nowadays. A four megapixel camera isn't necessarily better than a three megapixel camera. Lots of other factors play their parts, like user experience, warranty, customer service, build quality, practical solutions, operating system, perceived performance, etc etc.

The perception that Mac is more expensive is a flawed one at this point in time. In order to compare prices you'd have to compare with an equivalent machine. And no, you can't build a cheaper machine with the equivalent performance and functionality. But you can build a machine that will out-spec a Mac of course, just as you could build a cheaper machine that would out-spec most of the pre-built market (Sony, HP, Dell, etc). But, as I said, 'out-specced' doesn't automatically mean 'better'.

Hi there,

Apologies if this has been asked before but I'm upgrading from windows-run PC to iMac. Will my save games for FM10 and FM 11 work?

Any help or hints on this matter will be highly appreciated. Thank you.

Cheers

Upgrading?

How's it an upgrade?

You're paying more for a product that is less capable of performing the required task unless you are an unemployed graphics designer or... No, that's about it.

Don't do it man, you're going to regret it. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of your life!

There's always a Windows user itching to complain about Macs, regardless of what the topic or question is about. The question was "will my PC save games work on Mac?" - not "should I buy a Mac?".

Also - yes, you can build a cheap computer. You can also buy a cheap car, or a cheap instrument. But everything isn't about specs and numbers, especially nowadays. A four megapixel camera isn't necessarily better than a three megapixel camera. Lots of other factors play their parts, like user experience, warranty, customer service, build quality, practical solutions, operating system, perceived performance, etc etc.

The perception that Mac is more expensive is a flawed one at this point in time. In order to compare prices you'd have to compare with an equivalent machine. And no, you can't build a cheaper machine with the equivalent performance and functionality. But you can build a machine that will out-spec a Mac of course, just as you could build a cheaper machine that would out-spec most of the pre-built market (Sony, HP, Dell, etc). But, as I said, 'out-specced' doesn't automatically mean 'better'.

Well, how would a mac be any better than a PC of equivalent specs if put together properly? Yes, there are some good things about macs, however these are massively out weighed by a number of issues they have. These include but are not limited to:

1. They are effectively the communism of computers with a company completely controlling compatibility

2. They are barely customisable

3. They are more expensive per performance

4. When they break you have to take it up with the company itself or a repair service with a license with the company.

Well, how would a mac be any better than a PC of equivalent specs if put together properly?

If, by "better", you mean "faster": it wouldn't. But it's not always about what's the fastest, especially not today, when hardware is so fast that the difference between specs at the high end is minimal, unless comparing extremely heavy processes.

For me, "better" means whether or not the machine fits my needs. Not if it's "faster" than something else. Determining what's better between a homebuilt tower and an iMac has to do with your needs. Maybe I don't want a bulky tower, or even an external box at all? With the iMac I get a 27" screen with a very fast computer built into it, with great warranty and practical solutions. With the homebuilt tower I might get better specs and a faster machine. In the end it's all about what I need, and what makes my life simpler.

On a side note: I'm currently building a gaming tower myself, as there is no Mac available for my needs in that department (need a dedicated machine for SWTOR).

1. They are effectively the communism of computers with a company completely controlling compatibility

That's one way of looking at it. Another is that no one is forcing anyone to buy or use a Mac, so claiming it's "communism" is a little rich. For me, the controlled environment means no viruses and a higher quality for applications. Don't feel limited at all.

2. They are barely customisable

Because there is no need to.

3. They are more expensive per performance

Not compared to equivalent machines. It's not all about spec and performance, you're forgetting that the machines are built in a very sturdy high quality material, have excellent quality screens, OS X, practical solutions like the magsafe, warranty stuff, customer service, etc...that's all baked into the price of course, not just processor and RAM. Find an equivalent computer that has all the features and solutions a Mac has and see if it's cheaper. It's not.

4. When they break you have to take it up with the company itself or a repair service with a license with the company.

Which is true for all pre-made brands? In fact, this is one of Apple's strong points. You can repair your computer at any Apple store, don't even need a receipt. When you buy a Dell, HP, Acer, etc, you usually buy it from a third party and have to deal with them instead = customer service nightmare.

As it's the beginning of the second half of Man U - Blackpool I can't respond to all of this, but look up the ongoing Mac Malware issue going on. Have fun.

Would you really want to compare the amount of malware for each platform?

Would you really want to compare the amount of malware for each platform?

No, but the protection is a big deal. As they say, it isn't what you find that you should worry about, and the assumption by many mac people that they aren't under threat is a dangerous one which has cost a lot of people recently. But yeah, enjoy that though.

Archived