Have I ruined hes chances of playing for his country?

I'm currently playing a Spurs save, Bale was called up for some matches for Wales, he had just recovered from a injury, and I didn't want to risk him getting another (he played less than 45 minutes last time before he was out again!), so I withdrew him from the team. Hes now not been picked for the last five times.

He played 44 games last season, so its not down to him not proving himself as such, and had a average rating of 7.30 over the season.

Anyone got any ideas? Or could it be Gary Speed just doesn't like him? Hope I haven't messed it up for him!

I believe there is a well documented bug where if players are recalled from international duty by their club, they're never called up again. I don't think there is any conventional way to fix it, though you can do it through the editor.

Bugger! Anyone know if I applied to be the Welsh manager and then called him back up that would work?

Good question. I have no idea. :p

As far as morale, I don't think so. One of my players got afflicted with the 'Withdrawn from International Squad' permanency and he doesn't seem altogether bothered.

Bugger! Anyone know if I applied to be the Welsh manager and then called him back up that would work?
Good question. I have no idea. :p

It wont work, I read a thread a while ago where someone tried it and there's no option to call up the withdrawn player.

Archived