Ever cried over FM...?

Has anyone ever cried over something in FM or has been on the verge of? It's kind of disheartening losing to R. Madrid in the European Champions Cup for the second time in a row, in the same manner. I dominate the game, they manage to score from long range, I equalise and they defend like crazy and waste time. All through the extra time, Lady Luck never smiles at my players as they continue to work hard to score. Penalties roll in, and Casillas manages to save the ninth penalty. Curses!

Also lost the Serie A title to Inter by one point. Udinese couldn't hold them at home to a draw. Only consolation this season is the Italian Cup. :|

I like the 2D and still use it, heh!

I haven't cried over football in like forever. I don't watch football and only check goal.com for results and news on Milan. I don't even know who is topping the table in the prem. The only time I get news on it is when my friends talk about it. So, yeah, not a big fan of football; but an uber fan of Milan since childhood and of FM, lol!

I have not, though I think it could be justified.

Playing football computer games can cause stronger emotional and physical responses than playing violent video games, research suggests.

Dr Simon Goodson and colleagues from the University of Huddersfield examined whether events which cause emotional responses in reality also produce similar responses when played in video games. A football game was chosen because in real life it is we'll known for causing strong emotions and even violence.

Forty men and women were randomly allocated to play either an Xbox 360 violent video game or a football game. Measurements were taken of their heart rate (ECG), respiration and brain activity before, during and after.

When the results of measurements were compared with game play, it showed that killing someone in a game caused little brain activity - but conceding a goal or a foul caused high levels of activity.

Dr Goodson, who will discuss the results at the British Psychological Society conference in Glasgow, said: "This research indicates that 'killing' someone is not as 'real' as playing a sport, and the brain doesn't react in the same way.

"As participants reacted with more agitation during the football game, it seems that the effects of violent video games have been misrepresented."

Assuming they used FIFA, I definitely get more emotional over FM. Though when I'm starting to despair, I normally just switch it off for a few days until I recharge myself and have another go at it.

I didn't even cry when my grandad died...

Cold!

I may have had a bit of water in my eyes at a regen saying how much he appreciates his manager or the board saying how great I am but crying because I've lost? nah... I leave that to the players :)

Guest markyosullivan
Not crying but some embarassing moments of nerd rage with the mouse flying over the room.. yes.

LMAO. That was brilliant!

I've never cried but I've experienced pure joy, and also utter disappointment.

Joy: Managing England on FM08. We qualified well for the 2010 world cup and, in the first game, Wayne Rooney was injured. I played Michael Owen and Dean Ashton (remember him!?) up front and we breezed through to the semis where we beat Portugal 3-1. Then, in the final against Holland, we were 4-1 down at half time. I told the players to do the second half for the fans and within ten minutes it was 4-2. Then 4-3. In the 85th minute (I checked) we equalised through Owen. Step up Dean Aston in the 92nd minute. England 5-4 Holland. :)

Disappointment: Managing Charlton on 10, got them to the premiership and needed to win to play in the Europa League via finishing seventh against Aston Villa. Went 1-0 up but with two minutes left Villa equalised and I very nearly smashed my computer. We did get to Europe the next season though :)

I believe Crouchaldinho cried when he thought they were getting rid of 2d blobbies a couple of years back...

;)

Now that is extremely believable.

There were a few tears shed back then, not to mention a couple of sleeplessness nights. :(

At least I was finally able to cancel those counselling sessions once I found out that 2D Classic was here to stay. :D

No- but i broke my desk, by booting as hard as possible. When they equalised in the 88th minute to make it 2-2, i get kick off, for some reason my keeper takes the effing kick off, we lose the ball, and Boa Morte pops the ball in from the halfway line.

Archived