Regens spawning with different nationalities?

Hey, I was pretty sure regens only generated with the same nationality as the real player?

I've had Ivorian Drogba, English Beckham, Spanish Raul, even a Togolese Adebayor.

Has this changed with the update or something? Because that's really annoying as I am doing an English-only player challenge, and having Beckham regenerate as a Surinamese free agent is very frustrating lol.

Pics here for proof.

IMG_0013.pngIMG_0012.png

and Mr Hendriks...

IMG_0014.pngIMG_0015.png

If this were the case then there's no reason why a better player wouldn't be English instead of, say, Brazilian...

Well I guess that's one way of looking at it. I imagine the Suriname national team are getting a good deal out of this. :D

• SI Staff

Mostly regens will remain their own nationality - however sometimes they will 'shift' to a new one, this is to help stop people 'spotting' regenerated players so easily and is intentional ..

Rene Hendricks doesn't sound Surinamese. I had an awesome left sided English player Ashley Grimes come out of nowhere. I was who the foook is that ?.

How do you expect Surinamese names to sound like? Most of them have dutch names, and I think Rene Hendricks fits the bill.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived