Hazard snubs Real Madrid/Barcelona

I'm not managing Real or Barca, but in my game they both bid £35m euros for Hazard, which of course is accepted by Lille(although they made champions league). 2 weeks later he rejects their contract, citing that he wants a better basic salary.

I get that he may be a greedy ****ing ****, but would a 19 y/o player really turn these clubs down because they aren't paying him ''enough''? It is likely something as ridiculous as 10 grand. For me, some of the hidden attributes in players result in totally inconsistent choices.

What do you think?

I'm not managing Real or Barca, but in my game they both bid £35m euros for Hazard, which of course is accepted by Lille(although they made champions league). 2 weeks later he rejects their contract, citing that he wants a better basic salary.

I get that he may be a greedy ****ing ****, but would a 19 y/o player really turn these clubs down because they aren't paying him ''enough''? It is likely something as ridiculous as 10 grand. For me, some of the hidden attributes in players result in totally inconsistent choices.

What do you think?

could well be that they offered shoddy wages, since i often get him for about 45k at united, and in fairness he probably would down the poor contract offer in real life. hard to say for sure since we dont know what they offered him

could well be that they offered shoddy wages, since i often get him for about 45k at united, and in fairness he probably would down the poor contract offer in real life. hard to say for sure since we dont know what they offered him

True, but they cannot have offered him less than what he is already on, about 20k. I'm just saying that a young wonderkid would not realistically scupper moves to Barca/Real just for an extra 20, 30k p/wk. I feel it has to do with hidden attributes playing out in a strange way.

True, but they cannot have offered him less than what he is already on, about 20k. I'm just saying that a young wonderkid would not realistically scupper moves to Barca/Real just for an extra 20, 30k p/wk. I feel it has to do with hidden attributes playing out in a strange way.

Hazard has good hidden attributes, which is why i think that they offered him a poor contract. Having said they, if they are offering 35m, they should be in a position to be offering a better wage, so maybe an issue there perhaps

Currently at the end of the first season and Chelsea cannot agree a deal with Lukaku.

Several bids accepted, but they can't agree on terms.

No other clubs are interested, but I have Lukaku on my shortlist.

Do you have Hazard on your shortlist? I imagine you do.

The greed of some players is taken way to far in FM at times, just a quick example of my own, i got Daniel Sturridge and he's faved my team and myself as manager and been with my club for about 5 seasons now, i wanted to offer a new 60k a week contract for a further season, that was all that the board would allow, he rejected and refuses to talk all because of 1k, looks like i'm going to lose a player that is enjoying playing for the club on a Bosman.

The greed of some players is taken way to far in FM at times, just a quick example of my own, i got Daniel Sturridge and he's faved my team and myself as manager and been with my club for about 5 seasons now, i wanted to offer a new 60k a week contract for a further season, that was all that the board would allow, he rejected and refuses to talk all because of 1k, looks like i'm going to lose a player that is enjoying playing for the club on a Bosman.

Seems ridiculous if this is happening a lot. TBF, didn't Ashley Cole through his strop with Arsenal when they offered him 5grand less than he asked for? So for very low-loyalty players I guess this could be possible.

Could also be down to the squad status they offered him. Although he cited 'basic salary' that might be cause they wanted him as say a rotation, or hot prospect and those two roles only allowed lowish wages... certainly a possibility. Or could be they just offered him poo wages...

In my Ajax save Man City tried to buy El Hamadoui (starting striker) for 8.5 mill, I was pleased as punch and snapped their hand off. 1 week later he turned them down saying he deserved a better salary. I find it hard to believe Man City offered him less than the £11k a week hes currently on, so I think something else it play personally.

i find some young players do not welcome negotiation with wages.

I was trying to buy aaron ramsey from arsenal (i'm liverpool) at the start of the 4th season.

he wanted £90k wages, £3.5m signing on fee and various other add ons. he wouldn't even accept 80k wages.

the following season i note that the club i eventually sign for (some german side) gave him a £22.5mill release clause. so of course i offer that and start negotiations.

he wants £110k a week, £4.3mill signing on fee, £2.5m for his agent and £22.5mill release clause.

he wouldn't accept anything other than those demands.

some players are more gready than others.

• Administrators

It's likely if you get another opportunity to offer him a deal if you increase his or his agents 'signing on' fees he'll agree. Either that or his app/goal bonuses.

Archived