Getting really fed up with not being able to make 3 subs

8/10 times you make 3 subs at half time or make 1 at half time and 2 in 60th-70th min your 80% chance of having a player injured - 7 seasons in on my lastest save its the most consistent bug. thanks for reading hope its fixed in fm12 or next fm11 patch.

I find that if you keep 1 substitute until the 75th-80th minute, you are not punished by your risk-taking so often. I don't think I have ever experienced it after I started to not make all three substitutions in the 60th-70th minutes.

8/10 times you make 3 subs at half time or make 1 at half time and 2 in 60th-70th min your 80% chance of having a player injured - 7 seasons in on my lastest save its the most consistent bug. thanks for reading hope its fixed in fm12 or next fm11 patch.

If you are going to make comments like this you need to provide evidence that this is the case.

If you did this over a season and kept records I'm confident you would find its no where near 80% even if you included both green & red injuries.

So if I made three subs in the second minute, would this be a miracle? ;)

Seriously though, this is a topic that comes up fairly often, due to a mixture of selective memory and unusual substitution strategy. There's a couple of decent threads here and here that should give you a good read.

If you are going to make comments like this you need to provide evidence that this is the case.

If you did this over a season and kept records I'm confident you would find its no where near 80% even if you included both green & red injuries.

over 7 seasons looking back ide say its closer to 65-75 % - im only talking about red injuries to be clear.

also i never name a keeper as sub and in 7 seasons only had my keeper injured once

over 7 seasons looking back ide say its closer to 65-75 % - im only talking about red injuries to be clear.

also i never name a keeper as sub and in 7 seasons only had my keeper injured once

I do notice it, enough that I don't use three subs anymore. It generally occurs either immediately after the third sub or into the 70th-80th minutes. Not all of them are red injuries, often there's a "injury requiring him to go off" only to find out he's perfectly fine after the match!

I've had one or two good calls though, where I've done my third sub in the 80th minute and the game injures one of my players before the ME implements my sub. In that case it's not too bad I can switch the sub around luckily. But yes it is noticable enough, I'm not too fond of the odd game with 9 on the pitch and getting broken down to 10 on the pitch happens just a tad too often.

It seems like the OP is using Subs just for the sake of it.

I've no set method for using Subs. I'd only ever sub a player at half-time if he is below 6.2 or so and/or if the Ass Man tells me he is having a bad game. Sometimes if I'm hanging onto a lead in an important match, I'm hesitant to use subs in case it upsets the balance, e.g. bring off a ST for a DC or DM, and then the other team goes and scores and you're left with a man short up front.

On the times I have had to use all 3 subs, getting an injury has happened very, very rarely. It was usually late enough on (80+ mins) that it wasn't too bothersome.

I often make all changes at 60-65 because that is when my players seem to get noteably tired. Getting injuries after that isn't happening often enough for me to consider changing strategy.

In the vast majority of games I play I make 3 subs between the 50th and 60th minute. The only time I don't is when players are injured and the players on the bench aren't so much match changers as fringe players you don't really want out there. How often do I see an injury after this? Probably just 3/4 times a season across 60 games. When you make 3 subs its plain to see you have no more options left, as teams are getting more desperate to get a result they go in harder and more carelessly - after all when chasing a game or a win from a draw you should be closing down more, tackling harder doing anything you can to try and force your opponents to wilt under presure.

If only the AI could post, they would complain about me bringing on 3 players at 97/98% condition against their tired fullbacks, every single game and so so often it results in them being overrun and conceding. When skynet takes over maybe this will be the true reason behind it all.

The AI goes for Hard tackling on:

A. Good players

B. "Danger-men"

C. Fast players

D. Technical, creative players

E. Playmakers

F. Strong target men

G. Everyone else, if they are behind towards the end of a game

Hard tackling is the sole feature used by the AI in any circumstance, they use it whenever they can and there is no "penalty" for doing so, as going down one man to a red card gives the rest of their team bonuses in every attribute and morale and motivation. So if your fast, technical strikers have Hard Tackling as well, the chance of injury is very high - since going in hard is a major reason for injuries in-game. This also explains why the AI rarely have a fully injury-free and fit squad.

I hope Hard Tackling isn't the fix-everything-toolbox in FM2012.

And if you don't name a GK sub, your GK will always get injured!

And other unfounded conspiracy theories...

That's funny, I haven't had a second keeper even in my first team squad in over 5 seasons!

I make 3 subs all the time. Then again I keep my squad rotating and so I rarely end a match with someone under 80% condition, which is probably the reason.

The AI goes for Hard tackling on:

A. Good players

B. "Danger-men"

C. Fast players

D. Technical, creative players

E. Playmakers

F. Strong target men

G. Everyone else, if they are behind towards the end of a game

Hard tackling is the sole feature used by the AI in any circumstance, they use it whenever they can and there is no "penalty" for doing so, as going down one man to a red card gives the rest of their team bonuses in every attribute and morale and motivation. So if your fast, technical strikers have Hard Tackling as well, the chance of injury is very high - since going in hard is a major reason for injuries in-game. This also explains why the AI rarely have a fully injury-free and fit squad.

I hope Hard Tackling isn't the fix-everything-toolbox in FM2012.

F. If they have two legs

In any case Domathon, if you really want to make lots of subs there is probably a subway near you that will be happy to hire you for minimum wage.

Archived