Suggestions

I dont know if this is the right section for suggestions but, I would like to make a couple suggestions for future fm games. I would love to see si implement with and with out ball tactics and formations. And also make formations a little bit more flexible , as in no certain places where you can place the players. Ive been an fm fan since the old cm's and always seem to be dissappointed when new versions come out but they never touch on the topics for these basic tweaks. One thing si could also implement into the game is personalized set pieces, fm si already the best manager game by far but if you implement these changes im sure it will be appreciated by all the fm fans! Thanks si, keep up the good work on fm and hope to see some replys and ideas from the community!

There is a specific topic for suggestions.

Not sure about the "flexible formations" - I thought they had every possible position covered really. What kind of position are you looking for?

Personalized set-pieces already exist, but you're probably meaning that they could go into even more depth.

Not sure about the "flexible formations" - I thought they had every possible position covered really. What kind of position are you looking for?

Personalized set-pieces already exist, but you're probably meaning that they could go into even more depth.

yeah i know all positions are covered and all but , i prefer positioning players differently rather than giving them specific duties and specific spots on the "board" . more like a drawing board instead way FM formations are now. and about the set pieces - more in depth like making certain players do personalized runs .

DO you mean like what we used to have in cm all those years back where you could position your players when you havent got the ball?

I used to like that little feature. Though i do like the tactics engine as it is. And never use the set piece thing(which I feel I probably should)

Although it is worth pointing out that the purpose of that thread is just for 'lists of ideas' rather than individual or linked ideas. If you want your idea to be discussed then it is better off in its own thread (which is what people from SI actually prefer).

Set pieces is a tricky one. While I think we all agree that they could be improved, I think we can also appreciate that the more options there are, the more likely exploits will become. FM has suffered for a number of years with dodgy corner routines, I think it would take a lot of work to increase our options without making these worse.

I dont know if this is the right section for suggestions but, I would like to make a couple suggestions for future fm games. I would love to see si implement with and with out ball tactics and formations. And also make formations a little bit more flexible , as in no certain places where you can place the players. Ive been an fm fan since the old cm's and always seem to be dissappointed when new versions come out but they never touch on the topics for these basic tweaks. One thing si could also implement into the game is personalized set pieces, fm si already the best manager game by far but if you implement these changes im sure it will be appreciated by all the fm fans! Thanks si, keep up the good work on fm and hope to see some replys and ideas from the community!

In terms of "With/without ball" this is already in FM. The formation you set along with the defensive instructions are "Without Ball" while the attacking instructions you give shape your attacks - "With Ball"

In real life no player plays in two positions, they have an area of the pitch and are given attacking & defensive instructions.

In terms of player position FM really doesn't need any more. The positions aren't fixed, they are general guidelines as to the area of the field you want the player to occupy and the player can be influenced further by the instructions given.

Archived