How to transfer game saves from old computer?

hi iv bought a new computer and installed FM2011 on it but i cant get my old game saves to work. I put them in the game save folder where they are supposed to be but when i try load them in the game it doesnt load

any ways to fix this?

You sure you got the same patch or a newer one on your current game. If you got a problem with them not showing up just put them somewhere easy to find and browse for them when you are to load them. Not sure if custom databases might be an issue aswell if you use one.

... but when i try load them in the game it doesnt load

What do you mean by "Doesn't load"? Does it give you an error, does it crash or does it not find the files?

If it won't find the files, you've put them in the wrong place.

If it crashes, it might be due to a custom database.

If it gives an error, note the error codes and ask again,

When I change computers, or want to move my save file to another PC, the best thing to do is to create a new save game on the new PC, search for the files by save game Club name, find *ALL* files and folders that include that word. Re-search all those folders on your old PC to make sure you find all, incl hidden folders, then copy all them into the new PC

Alternatively, if you have the two PCs networked, you could simply load the old game across the network and then save it locally

Ron

thanks for replying

it crashes and yeh i did have a custom database, i have copied the databases over to my new computer and put them in the 'db' folder. Also when i try to start a new game i cant find the databases on the game

Archived