Player Permit question....

When a "player permit" is refused and refused again after an appeal, a message then states that you can stilll have the player and lend him to another club or keep him unplayed.

What I want to know is, if I do buy the player, does he ever become available to play for my team? If so, when does this happen and what do I need to do to make him available for my team?

If he isn't playable then, what benefits are there to buy him?

Thanks for any help or advise.

It's good if he's a hot prospect, say under 20 and you can afford to loan him out to a feeder club somewhere where it doesn't take 'long' to get EU nationality (Croatia is 2 years). That's if he agrees to go.

But other than that, I'd not bother. And never do. There's plenty more fish in the sea that can get permits, or don't need one because they're EU anyway. But that's just a personal thing.

My Scottish club has a loan agreement with a Hungarian club which allows me to send over players there, and it takes 3 years to get EU nationality. However, this arrangement does leave me with a couple of questions:

1) Everything that I have read indicates that the player must remain in the feeder country for 3 years consecutively. However, I can only send the player on a one year loan. That being the case, when the loan period ends, do I have to send him back the same day? What if the player goes on holiday?

2) Will players qualify for work permits while on loan based upon appearances for thier respective national teams? Ie, the player was intiallly denied a work permit, but can he qualify for that later, or will he be without a work permit throughout the duration of his first contract with my club?

Thanks in advance

What I want to know is, if I do buy the player, does he ever become available to play for my team? If so, when does this happen and what do I need to do to make him available for my team?

Thanks for any help or advise.

He will become available as soon as he gains EU nationality. If you keep him and leave him unplayed its likely that he will be unavailable for 3 years depending on what country you're in. Thats why top clubs have feeder clubs in countries such as Belgium because they can play, gain experience, and then become an EU national.

It's good if he's a hot prospect, say under 20 and you can afford to loan him out to a feeder club somewhere where it doesn't take 'long' to get EU nationality (Croatia is 2 years). That's if he agrees to go.

But other than that, I'd not bother. And never do. There's plenty more fish in the sea that can get permits, or don't need one because they're EU anyway. But that's just a personal thing.

Croatia is not in the EU.

1) Everything that I have read indicates that the player must remain in the feeder country for 3 years consecutively. However, I can only send the player on a one year loan. That being the case, when the loan period ends, do I have to send him back the same day? What if the player goes on holiday?

2) Will players qualify for work permits while on loan based upon appearances for thier respective national teams? Ie, the player was intiallly denied a work permit, but can he qualify for that later, or will he be without a work permit throughout the duration of his first contract with my club?

Most countries only need accumulative time in the country - check his personal page, and it should say how many days he's spent there, and the requirement. If it's accumulative, that means he can come back to you for as long as he wants, then go back to Hungary and it will continue counting. If it is continuous, then he must stay in that country. The only countries I know of that insist on that are Hong Kong and I THINK Australia.

He could pass the international appearance requirement, but you won't be notified. If you offer him a new contract, he goes to appeal again, and may be accepted. The time taken for that is usually about the same as picking up EU nationality anyway.

Most countries only need accumulative time in the country - check his personal page, and it should say how many days he's spent there, and the requirement. If it's accumulative, that means he can come back to you for as long as he wants, then go back to Hungary and it will continue counting. If it is continuous, then he must stay in that country. The only countries I know of that insist on that are Hong Kong and I THINK Australia.

Continuous is also applied in Germany.

Archived