My reign in Spain...........

I'm currently Athletico Madrid and am doing very well with them. Just started the second half of the first season and have been in contention throughout. Now my problem is this; I've just been offered the Barcelona job, what do I do? I mean, it's Barcelona. I'm enjoying the game with Athletico and they've got a decent squad with some quality players, but it's Barcelona!

Falls mainly on the plane? No? ok then...

^^ Same as Stampler... But stay with Atletico, being Barca will be too easy and you probably wont enjoy it. Stay, crack the top 2 and enjoy the challenge.

I didn't want to pick them from the start cos it's more of an achievement getting offered it. I reckon I'll enjoy knocking them off their perch and hopefully I'll get offered it again (although it's never happened before).

Sod it, i'll carry on like i am.

Currently four games left, second season and I'm in a three-way title run-in with Granada CF. Currently top with Real Madrid and Barcelona just a point behind.

So far this season, I've turned down the Barcelona, Sevilla and Valencia jobs. All much bigger clubs, especially Barça of course, but I've a longer term "project" in mind with my Granadino side.

I've got five regen youngsters getting regular football and I want to develop them fully. I'm getting more facility upgrades and a stadium expansion. Basically, I'm trying to see how much of a domestic and European force I can make my club. I like Manchester United and Barcelona, but I never manage them. I find taking a smaller club to glory much more gratifying. :)

Bilbao aren't what you'd call a small club, but they have a strong tradition and by using only Basque players, that's a good challenge in itself. I'm sure you'll feel better for winning trophies with Bilbao and using Basque players, than you would by cherry picking the world's best players with Barcelona or Real Madrid.

I'm currently Athletico Madrid and am doing very well with them. Just started the second half of the first season and have been in contention throughout. Now my problem is this; I've just been offered the Barcelona job, what do I do? I mean, it's Barcelona. I'm enjoying the game with Athletico and they've got a decent squad with some quality players, but it's Barcelona!

The 2nd half of the first season...........what happened to Pep?

ermm its Madrid heathxxx,not Bilbao.

Currently four games left, second season and I'm in a three-way title run-in with Granada CF. Currently top with Real Madrid and Barcelona just a point behind.

So far this season, I've turned down the Barcelona, Sevilla and Valencia jobs. All much bigger clubs, especially Barça of course, but I've a longer term "project" in mind with my Granadino side.

I've got five regen youngsters getting regular football and I want to develop them fully. I'm getting more facility upgrades and a stadium expansion. Basically, I'm trying to see how much of a domestic and European force I can make my club. I like Manchester United and Barcelona, but I never manage them. I find taking a smaller club to glory much more gratifying. :)

Bilbao aren't what you'd call a small club, but they have a strong tradition and by using only Basque players, that's a good challenge in itself. I'm sure you'll feel better for winning trophies with Bilbao and using Basque players, than you would by cherry picking the world's best players with Barcelona or Real Madrid.

Follow your heart (stay), not your head (go there). :)

One of my favourite ever saves on an old FM was with Betis. Knocking 'the noisy [kind of] neighbours' in Madrid and Barcelona off their perch was tip top.

ALWAYS follow your heart. If you do you'll never have to regret it...! Don't know if i'm the only one, but since I started to play CM/Fm in later 90's I have never ever changed club during a save.. LOYALTY! Can't leave a team I've given my heart and soul in just to colloct some more money, they'll come anyway in your current club :)

Archived