Disc or Steam?

I think it really depends on your own personal needs as to which is best. Personally, FM is the only PC game I play so I don't really benefit from using Steam. I also found the achievements a bit annoying as I couldn't figure out how to turn them off :D

Yeah depends on personal taste. Here's a short list, naturally one side's positive is likely the other side's negative, and vise-versa.

Steam

+ Achievements - lets you get a record of some of the things you achieve, and you can browse and see how much percentage of other people who installed the game through steam have the achievements.

* Can use the in-game overlay to chat to steam friends, assuming you have any, even in full screen mode.

* Automatic updates - handy to easily update, but unable to install a intermediate patch, if you don't want the latest version (although, really, the last patch is the best)

- Requires Internet Connection, and Steam running (takes up a little bit of RAM).

Disc

+ Don't need an Internet Connection always on to play - can play even when your internet dies, or if you're without a connection for a while.

* Manual Updates.

- Disc needed in drive!

Archived