You know you're going to lose when.......

you batter the opposition for 89 minutes smehow its 1-1 and up pops the player with long shots (5) and hits a 25yard screamer to win the game and of course give you no chance to equalise

It's got nothing to do with being a crap manager and to criticise someone for not being able to close out a game they're dominating is complete rubbish. Its called realism, it happens IRL so why not in the game...

@tom15390 6 premier league titles in a row would let me say that youre a moron with zero sense of humour.

Did I need the safety smilie? :D

Either 1), you need to vent at the fact that the game includes as much bad fortune as good fortune, or 2), you're trying to restart the eternal debate as to whether FM is scripted.

Whichever it is, there is no serious answer to the opening post. I never know when I'm going to lose a game. I've conceded goals later than that, and still gone on to net one or two goals more myself. I've also thrown away leads into defeats after 90 minutes. I've never in any game thought it was beyond me to salvage something.

Whichever it is, there is no serious answer to the opening post. I never know when I'm going to lose a game. I've conceded goals later than that, and still gone on to net one or two goals more myself. I've also thrown away leads into defeats after 90 minutes. I've never in any game thought it was beyond me to salvage something.

That i would agree with...its not over till the final whistle blows!!!;)

Thats why i cant understand how people can enjoy saves where they win every competition going and go on a 100+ game steak without losing. Where's the realism, Wheres the tension and stress of being a football manager???

awful match engine this year imo.. and i concede easily 75% of my goals from corners, set pieces.. and ive won pretty much everything on this game apart from champions league

I don't see the point of the last comment. It would be like me saying:

I like apple pie... and cake... and I've won the Champions League with Budapest Honvéd within 5 years of starting the game. Completely irrelevant.

Also, I like the match engine this year. It's pretty damn good. Also, I have one: When it says it's full time and you're at least a goal down.

You know you're a crap manager when you dominate the game for 89 minutes but don't have the right players and tactics to turn that possesion into goals and win the game.

Could you explain what are the right tactics to turn possession into goals and win the game. It would probably be more heplful.

its so i dont sound to bitter.. because ive won stuff on the game and im still moaning about it. instead of winning nothing on the game and moaning about it thats why i said that in my comment :) xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxxoxooxoxxooxoxoxxoxooxoxxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoox moral of this story is i dont like the match engine :D

Could you explain what are the right tactics to turn possession into goals and win the game. It would probably be more heplful.

This is a very modest suggestion. It's mainly aimed at those sides who are expected to dominate games, though the advice should help those aiming for a top-half finish. Unfortunately, I can't recommend it to relegation battlers.

Tactics & Training Discussion really is a great place to pick up tips though.

You know your going to win when..............

'You get battered by the opposition for 89 minutes somehow, its 1-1 and up pops my player with long shots (5) and hits a 25yard screamer to win the game and of course give your opponents no chance to equalize'

It works both ways at times, but not many post things like this when they win by fluke, always when the opposition wins by fluke, hope that made sense.

To the OP, I give you this. Not quite identical, I know. For those who don't want to click the link, it's me being 2-0 up with 3 minutes left, conceding twice against a really crap side in the 87th and 89th minutes, and still going on to win it. The game is never over.

To RBKalle, I give you this. As requested, 2-0 down against the side bottom of the league within 14 minutes when I should be challenging for the title, but still clawed back a point. There is always a way back.

You lot are too defeatist. Have a bit of optimism! :D

This is a very modest suggestion. It's mainly aimed at those sides who are expected to dominate games, though the advice should help those aiming for a top-half finish. Unfortunately, I can't recommend it to relegation battlers.

Tactics & Training Discussion really is a great place to pick up tips though.

If you dominate a game, your tactics are fine. The purpose of tactics, formations etc is to give your team as much advantage as possible over the oppositon. Therefore, if your team create far more scoring opportunities and dominate possession, what is wrong with your tactics?. If a striker (or 2) miss sitters, I don't think that relates to tactics. Neither does a fluke or "long shot" scored against you relate to your tactics. These things happen of course - but that is just it - things happen now and then which no tactics can legislate for. As for teamtlaks, surely if your team were complacent, they wouldn't be creating so much chances in the first place? Surely there would be more balance to chances and possession if your team were complacent?

I have to say that I think the role of your captain appears to be strangely absent when it comes to issues such as motivation, complacency and team talks.

Tie Fighter, I totally agree. If you're dominating a game, then you're doing well. The biggest problem people seem to have is converting chances into goals, usually a result of either not have the right build up play to the striker, or allowing the midfield too many long shots.

i find that if an opposition striker is on a drought he will score in that game

Actually, this is just you having a selective memory.

You don't remember who scored against you normally but you remember the fact that you have had a few players score against you after a goal drought. You won't remember the many, many more players who will have been on a goal drought when facing your team and will walk off the pitch without having ended it.

awful match engine this year imo.. and i concede easily 75% of my goals from corners, set pieces.. and ive won pretty much everything on this game apart from champions league

Arsene Wenger?

When you concede a 30 yarder on the first minute of the match, then on the end of the first half you concede a cheap penalty.

And on top of that, another 30 yarder near the end of the match that hits the crossbar, and your right back outside the area with all the time of the world decides to head it to your own net.

Oh and two injuries on the same match as if it wasn't enough! All this on the same match, to a second division opponent, at home on a cup semi-final.

(yes i needed to vent just a little..)

BigCisHere, you think that's a bad loss? That's barely anything, that game looked fairly even.

Now, this is a loss, the Gyor Disaster. The second leg was the same team, 6 days after beating Bayern Munich 3-1 in the Champions League:

gyorleg1.jpg

gyorleg2.jpg

Oh, it was the away leg I lost. But yeah, probably one of my worst moments in this save.

This is really one of those 'computer is a cheating b'std' threads. Your team is playing great with high morale and sweeping all before them. The SIG inspired computer gets fed up of all that. Next game, at home to the weakest side in the division, your playmaker gets a red card after 10 mins, your top striker wrecks his cruciate, your other best players lose all their form, your goalie fumbles every catch and every one of your team's shots is sky high or the hits the corner flag. Meanwhile, their top striker who's not scored all season, is suddenly on target with every shot and their goalie grabs every crossed ball.

Result - you get a 3-0 thumping at home that kills team morale causing a slump in form meaning that it wil take you 10 games plus to pull them around again by which time the title/ playoffs etc are gone... Yeah, I know the score but I'm not bitter!! :)

BigCisHere, you think that's a bad loss? That's barely anything, that game looked fairly even.

Now, this is a loss, the Gyor Disaster. The second leg was the same team, 6 days after beating Bayern Munich 3-1 in the Champions League:

Just the fact they had 4 shots on target and scored all 4 of them :p

I must say though, that second leg is impressive. Losing 3-0 when they have only 2 shots on target, I think even I haven't suffered that. :)

If you ask me, SI have got the balance between morale, misfortune, and good players just right. If it wasn't for stupid setbacks which destroy morale, there would be no chance to prove your skill in the best way possible- turning them arrows upside down!

You do know that the ME is going to be almost the same as last year's as it's built on it. What you probably mean is the graphics overlay, which I do believe needs a hell of a lot of work, but is a massive improvement on last year. Oh and prove to me that your claim is true, because as far as I can see saying 75% is preposterous unless you concede virtually no goals.

Archived