Highest Player Wages

I am in the 2025/26 season and just looking at the Man City squad, and one of their Central Midfield regens is on a basic £625,000 a week. Bonuses include £275,000 appearance fee and £275,000 goal bonus. Correct me if I am wrong but this works out to £1,175,000 a week if this guy scores a goal.

What is the highest wage you've seen a player get?

And I thought Benzema being on a 10M p/y contract when I took over Chelsea was insane...

AI really get carried away with nonsensical offers and wages... but 675k p/w is too much even for AI's standards

Also has "match highest earner clause" this coupled with a yearly wage rise of x % would cripple most clubs. And hes only worth £3m lol bit out whack but meh

That clause wouldn't make any difference in this situation.

He is obviously the highest earner therefore they don't need to increase his wage to math the highest earner as he already does.

If they had anybody else with that clause they are screwed though!

i think wages may be an issue in fm a player ie g barry at mancity does not play surplus to requirements or adebuymor etc now people like adebeyour would sit out the contract mercenary that he is

however i dont think barry would but when it comes to trying to sign barry he would not take the cut for a mid team that would give him max like 40 grand for a 32 year old who has not played for a year players dont take cuts like they do in real life another instance is demands of free agents ie hargreaves released from man u no one interested as he was injured i offered him 20 grand and no

go i think the ai agents might be a but too far in demands for wages

That's rather insane. If I inherited that squad, the first thing I would do is sell him and that would instantly make the club a lot richer.

The problem is though that with those wages the player would never leave as I would imagine no one will want to pay his wages or anywhere near those wages so no one will bid for him. I would let him go on a free as he would bankrupt any club. His contrat is expiring soon anyway, so let him leave on a free.

He is very good though but not to justify that salary or bonus levels.

I believe also that the contract bonuses are fubar'd anyway. My highest earner, Steven Gerrard, his bonuses are 10% of his salary of £120,000 a week so his bonuses and other players cripple the club. This is the only time I use FMRTE as the bonuses are so wrong that I have to edit them on all my players.

It just goes to show how broken agents are. I really hope this is fixed for FM12, or failing that, they're removed all together.

I actually like the agents. How are they broken? Surely comments like that need some kind of proof, reasoning or at the very least an explanation.

I once had Messi on over £500k a week, but only because he'd played hardball a few seasons earlier when I'd offered him a new £275k p/w contract and I had to include a yearly increase of 40% as well as every other bonus imaginable.

Then, after one season on that mammoth wage, his contract was up again and he accepted an even lower deal than he'd originally been on prior to the increases without so much as a hint of fuss.

Huge wages would be asked for by the player instead of the agent if they were not included.

Exactly, and the system is far better now than the old:

- Agree fee

- Offer contract

- Rejected

- Agree fee

- Offer bigger contract

- Rejected

- Agree fee

- Offer even bigger contract

- Signs for a random club for half the wages you offered

At least agents give you the chance to actually discuss things in detail and give the game a better sense of realism in negations.

It isn't one freak occurence. There are a few threads about it.

Is it an issue with the agents or AI though? Would it have happened on the old system where there were no agents?

I feel you're throwing the baby out with the bathwater a bit.

I actually like the agents. How are they broken? Surely comments like that need some kind of proof, reasoning or at the very least an explanation.

You're right, and I have in other threads, as have other people. It's been talked about a lot and this is just one more example of it being broken. Nobody can realisticly expect a player to be on that much money in around 13 years unless he is the second coming of Messi, and this guy certainly isn't.

I've done tests where players can no longer sign for any other clubs because of agent fees, no matter how much money that club has. This means that the player in question is stuck because of an agent, even if he loves the club and manager and isn't getting any first team football. It's ridiculous and completely unrealistic.

You can't give that much power to a certain part of the game when the AI isn't smart enough to deal with certain situations.

Is it an issue with the agents or AI though? Would it have happened on the old system where there were no agents?

I feel you're throwing the baby out with the bathwater a bit.

It's an issue with agent AI's.

What does the baby bathwater thing mean? Not heard that before.

You're right, and I have in other threads, as have other people. It's been talked about a lot and this is just one more example of it being broken. Nobody can realisticly expect a player to be on that much money in around 13 years unless he is the second coming of Messi, and this guy certainly isn't.

I've done tests where players can no longer sign for any other clubs because of agent fees, no matter how much money that club has. This means that the player in question is stuck because of an agent, even if he loves the club and manager and isn't getting any first team football. It's ridiculous and completely unrealistic.

You can't give that much power to a certain part of the game when the AI isn't smart enough to deal with certain situations.

You should post a thread in the bugs thread for the "unsignable players". I'm still yet to see this issue, but hey, I haven't dealt with players on super contracts yet.

It's an issue with agent AI's.

It means that when you get rid of the bathwater you're getting rid of the baby as well.

It's used in terms of someone getting rid of a good thing with a bad thing because they don't understand the situation.

That in throwing out everything that is worthless (ie, the dirty bathwater), you might accidentally throw away a good bit (the baby) because you can't obviously see it.

(There is a better metaphor for it, but I can't quite think of it now.)

It may be that there is a simple fix for this that just needs fine tuning. I definitely feel that SI should aim to keep agents in the game long term, and unfortunately, the easiest and quickest way to keep on testing and refining them is to keep them in the final game and see what the large scale response is to it. If they were to remove it from FM, then I don't see how they could develop and refine them in anywhere near the same amount of time.

Exactly, and the system is far better now than the old:

- Agree fee

- Offer contract

- Rejected

- Agree fee

- Offer bigger contract

- Rejected

- Agree fee

- Offer even bigger contract

- Signs for a random club for half the wages you offered

At least agents give you the chance to actually discuss things in detail and give the game a better sense of realism in negations.

New system.

- Agree fee

- Speak to agent and offer a contract

- Agent wants 12 million signing on fee

- Player wants 9million signing on fee

- No club in the world with any amount of money will pay that

- Haggle him down to 8.5 million

- Haggle player down to 5million

- Agent accepts and says he will get back to you

- Agent says your offer is a joke after waiting 3 weeks

- Agent hates you

- Agree fee

- Agent wants even more money or wont even speak to you

- Player that admires you, doesn't get first team football and has your club as favourite can't sign for you.

- Player signs for random club for half the money

- I could go on and on with the issues but there are so many I can't be bothered.

You should post a thread in the bugs thread for the "unsignable players". I'm still yet to see this issue, but hey, I haven't dealt with players on super contracts yet.

It's definitely a super contract problem. I've not managed lower leagues or done any tests yet so I can't comment about that.

It needs fine tuning, for sure. Maybe my knee jerk comment about getting rid of them was a bit, well, knee jerk. I hope they're sorted in the next version as I really find it frustrating and ruins any immersion I've been having.

New system.

- Agree fee

- Speak to agent and offer a contract

- Agent wants 12 million signing on fee

- Player wants 9million signing on fee

- No club in the world with any amount of money will pay that

- Haggle him down to 8.5 million

- Haggle player down to 5million

- Agent accepts and says he will get back to you

- Agent says your offer is a joke after waiting 3 weeks

- Agent hates you

- Agree fee

- Agent wants even more money or wont even speak to you

- Player that admires you, doesn't get first team football and has your club as favourite can't sign for you.

- Player signs for random club for half the money

- I could go on and on with the issues but there are so many I can't be bothered.

Never really had that problem... The agents are great for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Those screen shots are completely ridiculous.

I absolute LOL'd with tears of laughter in my eyes when i heard City had signed Yaya Toure for £200k p/w IRL, morons!

I'm only in 2012 and think Messi on about £275k p/w is top heavy. I got Tevez to sign a new deal a month ago - £150k p/w----->£220k p/w which I wasn't happy about but hes been immense for me and deserves to be my highest paid player.

The bad news is he kept asking for a £3M 15 goal land maark bonus which is crap because he'll easily smash that, I thought I'd negotiated it down to £1.7M for 20 goals, but looking at his contract it says £3M for 15. :(

• 1 year later...
depends on the country and whether it requires the amortization of transfer fees and signing bonuses over the full life of the contract.

They will be pre tax as I recall reading that Yaya Toure's salary was so high as Man City built the tax into it as well. So while he may be on £200,000 pw he will only be taking home half of that (poor sod)

Archived