I swear this game wishes to drive me mad.... (FM2011)

So in my latest save, I'm playing as Newcastle United and I had the aim to be a 'Wenger' type manager, ie relying less on big signings and more on developing a successful youth system. After a hairy first season, where we were almost relegated, and a disappointing second season where we were hovering in the bottom of the table the Toon were doing quite well. We had just finished getting the training facilities to top level, youth facilities were coming along fine and we had some fairly good prospects coming through. However, Ashley decided he'd had enough and sold the club and what did I get...

Taken over by a guy who gave me a Transfer budget of £60 million pounds and whos minimum aim was to challenge for the title. This from a club that just finished 6th last season.

In all of my games, I've never had a sugardaddy take over the club. However, the one time I try to focus on youth and sustainable football I get this. :p My main worry was that I wouldn't be able to achieve the minimum goal and that I would get sacked, so I felt compelled to buy 1/3 of FC Porto's team and a couple of other big money moves in order to try and challenge for the title. I think after this, I will try to turn back to youth. It just made me laugh and I hope it gives you lot a chuckle too. :p

I am quite enjoying it. I had actually bought Varane before the take over and he's progressing very nicely. If only players of that calibre would come join us in reality. *sob*

Cheers for the sympathy, though. To be fair, the cash does make up for SI ruining my game... ;)

Archived