Sometime other managers are clueless

I'm Roma in the 3rd season. I'm on 59 points after 21 games. I'm about to play AC Milan who are 3rd on 39 points. Thomas Schaaf, the AC boss has just used the comment to the effect 'that this will be the deciding game of the season, and that if they win it'll give them momentum for the title race'......which they're not in....:lol:

If Inter, who are on 51 points said that, fair enough, 8 points isn't huge if they could cause a collapse in morale, but when you're 20 points behind....jog on.

Think SI really need to look at the manager to manager comments for the next version. I know there's well documented faults with it in other places.

No, I think this must be exclusive to Thomas Schaaf.

In under two seasons on my save, he guided Werder Bremen down the German league table before getting sacked. Then managed to land the Valencia job, steering them to twelve defeats in fifteen games before they got rid of him. Now he's in charge at Hoffenheim, where he's off to a flyer with three consecutive defeats. :D

He's actually doing ok at AC, he took over in November, most of the damage was done before he joined. That said, spanked them 6-2, with Howedes, my CB getting a hattrick, and my other CB was an 18 YO regen standind in for an Injured Mexes and Burdisso. Quite pleased with that.

Wow, Thomas Schaaf on mine has done two incredible jobs at Man United AND Man City on mine...

Once Sir Alex Fergusan retired, United free-falled down the table, even finishing as low as 15th with in house managerial appointments such as Phealan and McGuiness, Schaaf took over and guided them to back to back titles and a champions league...

City then sacked The Great One, and poached Schaaf off United and has won the last 5 prem titles and a champions league!

Wow, Thomas Schaaf on mine has done two incredible jobs at Man United AND Man City on mine...

Once Sir Alex Fergusan retired, United free-falled down the table, even finishing as low as 15th with in house managerial appointments such as Phealan and McGuiness, Schaaf took over and guided them to back to back titles and a champions league...

City then sacked The Great One, and poached Schaaf off United and has won the last 5 prem titles and a champions league!

This sort of stuff makes me like the game. The way it doesn't run the same every time, the way that after you click continue for the first time, your game is different to anyone elses.

This sort of stuff makes me like the game. The way it doesn't run the same every time, the way that after you click continue for the first time, your game is different to anyone elses.

yeah me too...

just to add, i've had 3x 15+years saves and in the previous 2 i've only seen City win the league once...now in my current one, they are dominating! also, in those previous saves Schaaf has managed City and been useless!

It's just been amusing on my save, watching him go from one team to the next and keep doing so poorly. I'm now waiting to see how long he lasts at Hoffenheim, before getting the boot, just to see where he ends up next! :D

It's just been amusing on my save, watching him go from one team to the next and keep doing so poorly. I'm now waiting to see how long he lasts at Hoffenheim, before getting the boot, just to see where he ends up next! :D

Just checked his past with Bremen. Finished 13th and then 7th, then was in the relegation zone when he got sacked by them. But as I said, doing OK at AC, taken them from mid table to 3rd in about 3 months.

Schaaf is doing well on mine. Got Liverpool back into the Champions league, they reached the semi final, but were knocked out by me :)

Could do with him there on mine. Kenny is still in charge after finishing 15th then 8th. Now 6th, but I don't think he'll ever push on from that. 5 points from 5th, with the team above having a game in hand. I'm eyeing that job up though for when I leave Roma.

Schaaf finished 3rd and 8th with Bremen before going to Porto on my save... I don't have Portugal loaded and so his only fixtures have been in Europe. Currently 2nd in their group playing 3rd place Celtic in the last game with the Bhoys needing to win 5-0 to go above them. If the top team draws or loses and Porto win they will win the group. He was knocked out in the 1st KO Round last season with Bremen so he has matched his performance there although in the 1st season Bremen failed to qualify from their Euro group having lost in the ECL qualifying round.

Archived