If your GK's main weakness is....

Shown in the coaches report as "Organising his defence" what would you put him on specific training for?

In this case my keeper has 14 for "Command of Area" however an 8 for "Communication" which i suppose is what has lead to his supposed poor organising of his defence. He is currently only 18 and hopefully will improve with age, he's also being tutored by Cech, which will also help.

So, any other ideas?

If it was me, I would sign (if you have the money) a centre back with real leadership qualities. If you are playing as Chelsea (which I assume considering you mentioned Cech) just play Terry in front of him...

If it was me, I would sign (if you have the money) a centre back with real leadership qualities. If you are playing as Chelsea (which I assume considering you mentioned Cech) just play Terry in front of him...

I get what you're saying, however that'll only help the team if i need to use my back up keeper for the first team, and even then only temporarily as it won't be making the keeper improve on his faults, simply masking them by having Terry do them for him. I doubt he'd learn all that much from him that way. Furthermore as he is my back up keeper i generally play him either in the reserves or in my B-team i use for cups and really easy home games...in these games Terry is almost always left out to rest, and to avoid any annoy unessecary injuries, so he won't be there.

So far i think PLF's siggestion makes the most sense "Put him on intensive/very high 'tactical' training."

How could I improve a low "aerial ability"? I put the player on Jumping as a individual training, but can I do something more (maybe intensive Strength)?

I've had good direct improvements by using "Agility" in the individual training for Aerial Ability.

How could I improve a low "aerial ability"? I put the player on Jumping as a individual training, but can I do something more (maybe intensive Strength)?

If you go to the training overview with the graph, and select the different categories from the drop-down list at the top right, you'll see which categories cover which attributes. I can't remember which one "Aerial Ability" falls under after the top of my head, but surely one of the GK training categories, as it's a keeper-specific attribute.

If you go to the training overview with the graph, and select the different categories from the drop-down list at the top right, you'll see which categories cover which attributes. I can't remember which one "Aerial Ability" falls under after the top of my head, but surely one of the GK training categories, as it's a keeper-specific attribute.

That works for putting people into specific training routines, but it doesn't go any further to explaining which individual training schedule you should put someone on to improve specific attributes. It can sometimes maybe give you a hint however it ends up being pretty useless, especially the more vague ones.

That works for putting people into specific training routines, but it doesn't go any further to explaining which individual training schedule you should put someone on to improve specific attributes. It can sometimes maybe give you a hint however it ends up being pretty useless, especially the more vague ones.

Which again points out the sometimes poor documentation from SI :)

I'm a bit confused as to what you mean. Aren't all the individual training focuses except for quickness the same as the name of the attribute they train?

Edit: and if you mean the training schedules, well you just look what category the attribute is in and then assign a training schedule where that category is the focus (or create your own, or raise the workload in the existing category).

Or have I totally missed your point?

I'm a bit confused as to what you mean. Aren't all the individual training focuses except for quickness the same as the name of the attribute they train?

Edit: and if you mean the training schedules, well you just look what category the attribute is in and then assign a training schedule where that category is the focus (or create your own, or raise the workload in the existing category).

Or have I totally missed your point?

Lol yeah you're still missing the point. Your advice works sorta well for making training schedules, but not for "Individual Training Focus Reigemes." Don't worry about it, the fact we're having such a hard time making such things clear, that in real life are overly simple, isn't an enditment upon us it's more a huge passive criticism of FM11.

Archived