[Career] ragingbull's English-only challenge!

Hi guys, I decided a few days ago that I really wanted a challenge, and a friend at college suggested that I should sell all of Arsenal's foreign players and only play English players. Ah what the heck - I did it, and one season in, I'm really quite stunned at how well I did.

I started off quite poorly, but was picking up results by October. I dropped out of the Champions League and ended up in the Europa league. The board weren't too happy, but hey, like they would be able to do any better? :D By the end of the season, I was the favourite to win the Premier League, 4 points clear in 1st place. I was overtaken however, my Man Utd, and eventually Liverpool to slump to 3rd place. (Very realistic, eh?)

All was not lost however - I reached the FA Cup final, and was very generously matched with Barnsley. I beat them 4-2 and so my English men won their first trophy. Next up, a Europa League final against Man City - Enough to be worrying about, although Citeh didn't turn up, and I won 3-0 to claim my second tropy of the season.

So what do you think of that then? I think I'll give myself a clap. :applause:

I'm planning on continuing this career, however I would like to know if any of you care enough for me to post it up on here? (And yes, Dec, I'm willing to post it on Vibe too!)

Ok, I've started the second season.

First, I'll name the squad that I have for the 2011-2012 season.

GOALKEEPERS:

Joe Hart

Alex Smithies

(Yes, I only have two goalkeepers!)

DEFENDERS:

Carl Jenkinson

Micah Richards

Greg James (regen)

Gary Cahill

Phil Jagielka

Chris Riggot

Patrick Turner (regen)

Phil Jones

Leighton Baines

MIDFIELDERS:

Craig Eastmond

Kieran Gibbs

Jack Rodwell

Wayne Adkins (regen)

Nathaniel Baxter (regen)

Rhys Howard (regen)

Henri Lansbury

Cole Ellis (regen)

Jack Wilshere

FORWARDS:

Sanchez Watt

Ashley Young

Gabby Agbonlahor

Theo Walcott

Luke Freeman

Tyrone Ince (regen)

Rhys Murphy

Connor Wickham

Season two started off well, beating Man Utd 3-1 to claim the Community Shield and beating Valencia 1-0 to win the UEFA Super Cup. 4 trophies for the all-English team.

It's all gone rapidly downhill however, as we are 12th place in the League having claimed just 9 points from 8 games. It's not all bad though, we are unbeaten in the Champions League and we're not the only big club to be doing awfully...

IMG_0004-2.png

I'll give you an update at Christmas. Also if you want, you can follow me on Twitter as I'm sure I'll be updating my FM career on there for anyone who cares :D Also, I'm a Brighton season ticket holder and will tweet football related-stuff. If you like the sound of that, then check out http://twitter.com/#!/sean26fox

I guess that's all for now, unless anyone has questions :D.

Archived