Quality Newgens

This is the 2018 World Cup winning squad. Basically as with FM10, I have found that there are no new players good enough for the England squad by 2018.

Have I just been unlucky with distribution of new players (only English Leagues playable), or do you think that more quality newgens should be generated by the game?

englandenglandplayers.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Im in 2017/2018 and have rarely found a newgen good enough for the England squad. I do have a few english players who are 17/18 with potential, but theres only 1 who gets game time at the moment who is good enough.

im in 2025 now and the england team is prob one of the strongest in the world. Never mind the stars, look at how good they play and basic distribution of attributes.

I assume he's referring to the high average age, rather than the stars shown (as these no doubt are star ratings of your own club players)

How on earth are you measuring basic distribution attributes of all the top International teams?

With the current squad lets say - Cole, Terry, Lampard, Gerrard and Rooney are World Class then there are no Newgen replacements. Bertrand is my best Left back although I have been surprised by his performance at Chelsea not World Class.

I assume he's referring to the high average age, rather than the stars shown (as these no doubt are star ratings of your own club players)

High average age?

Oldest is 31yo and there is four of them with two more 30yos thats not high.

In real life the average age of a winning World Cup squad is something like 28-30yo usually.

High average age?

Oldest is 31yo and there is four of them with two more 30yos thats not high.

In real life the average age of a winning World Cup squad is something like 28-30yo usually.

I don't think it's high, for the record. I was just assuming the OP thought that way.

It's realistic: young players should play to get better and in England they don't get that chance because every club keeps on buying foreigners. Even the number of foreign players in the youth teams are increasing..

For instance the goalkeepers: what is the highest rank of a team using an English goalkeeper as first keeper? Most of the second keepers at the top teams are foreigners as well. Look at the English national team nowadays and there is a goalkeeper problem.. I guess it's a fair reflection in game ;) at this moment there are no players that can replace Gerrard, Lampard, Terry, Ferdinand, Cole etc within 3 years. At least not at a world class level..

AI clubs are terrible at managing squads, including developing their youngsters. It is an on/off issue. If they are good enough, they play every match even though they are injured or jaded at 50% condition. If they are not they are lucky to get an appearance as a substitute in the first legs of the League and FA cups.

I currently have a very highly rated (almost first team) 16 yr old in my u18s. I'm in the 2nd season and this boy will be a star. I haven't noticed a problem in any of my other goes.

Archived