I propose a grid like diagram to show performance in competitions each season.

It would have the years going vertically, all competitions horizontally.

Then in the boxes would have stuff like "2nd" or "Semi Final" or "3rd round". The boxes could even be colour coded.

Something a bit like this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Murray#Grand_Slams

Except with the year on the vertical axis instead.

This would be located in History and be one of the option next to "Honours"

Does anyone else feel this would be a handy snapshot of a clubs performance over the years? At the moment we can see it by competition in Honours but not by year, and not just restricted to Wins and Runners up

• SI Staff

Would be better if we stored historical cup performance information but we don't so it wouldn't look too great until there are a good few years worth of data to display.

Also, if you aren't a top team then it's likely you will only have one competition in the list. If you are eternally stuck in the Italian Serie B then the only cup competition you will participate in is the Italian Cup.

Would be better if we stored historical cup performance information but we don't so it wouldn't look too great until there are a good few years worth of data to display.

Out of interest why dont you guys store the cup and european games in the players total games for the club? Thats always annoyed me for some reason.

• SI Staff
Out of interest why dont you guys store the cup and european games in the players total games for the club? Thats always annoyed me for some reason.

The data isn't easy to find, especially in some countries who couldn't give two hoots about cup competitions.

The data isn't easy to find, especially in some countries who couldn't give two hoots about cup competitions.

Fair enough i can understand that. What about European games tho? I was more meaning after the game starts the main thing recorded is league games, but in reality people talk about total number of appearances more often, thats a hard number to find in FM, especially if the player is not in the overall best 11, id like to see exactly how many games my regen striker has played for me overall and not just league games.

• SI Staff
Fair enough i can understand that. What about European games tho? I was more meaning after the game starts the main thing recorded is league games, but in reality people talk about total number of appearances more often, thats a hard number to find in FM, especially if the player is not in the overall best 11, id like to see exactly how many games my regen striker has played for me overall and not just league games.

It's a consistency thing as the historical data is league appearances only. That is another discussion though rather than hijacking this poor chap's idea. ;)

Archived