The social interaction that makes no sense whatsoever.

I got players that lack both the ability and potential to ever get a game for me. Naturally I put him on the transferlist and throw him into the reserves. The player then comes whining that he is unhappy that he is being force out when he doesn't want to leave. So I tell him I don't see a future for him at the club, he gets even more upset, I tell him my decision is final and that I'm in charge and he is outraged and decides he cannot work with me anymore.

Considering I think this player is deadwood wasting space and money does he really think I care? Also why is he so intent to want to stay at a club when I directly tell him you are not good enough you will not play for this team. Why would I even be interested in keeping him happy when I want him out the door and does he really think that mouthing off at me will make me change my mind?

For some reason I find this entire interaction abit strange.

Maybe he is angry that you didnt discuss it with him first. Or maybe he is a fan of the club who doesn't want to leave. IRL nobody likes to be told they are not good enough or are surplus to requirements, so I do not see why it would be different in the game. I might go have a shout if that happened to me, he has nothing to lose!

Of course, you don't have to care if he is happy if you are going to sell him regardless. As long as he is not affecting the moral of your team!

To be honest the whole feature of private chats is poor. A lot of the time it does not make sence. Players come to you and say one thing, after you have replied no matter your answer the players contradict them selves.

I feel this part of the game needs a lot of work and hopefully that is the case with fm12. Most of the time I just ignore my players as chatting just seems too random to me

The first thing to remember about player interactions is to ignore the words.

He started at level 1 annoyed, you replied with two, he went to three etc. The game doesn't know or care what the argument was about, just that the relationship between you and that player is now very poor and you won't be able to motivate him. If he's your star striker, it's a problem. In this case... meh.

I actually quite like the conversations. Does need tweaking, a little. But some of it is good, the friendship side of a conversation is better than the not so freindship convo. For instance if your one of his favourred personel and he is unhappy, you can basically tell him anything and he will apologise and will improve his further conduct etc.

I think that part works, im hoping improvement in fm12, but im happy with it either way.

I found this guy a new club a couple of days after we had this argument. And I can understand the whole annoyed and angry at different stages and that words are not exactly what you should read but the meaning behind them. It is the same with press conferences and team talks. I just don't see why he rather rot away in the reserves than go play for someone that want him. Also if he doesn't want to leave he shouldn't come in shouting and screaming in a disrespectful way because that will only make me more resolute in getting rid of him.

What happens if you tell him that you are going to get rid of him first? What is that conversation like?

It depends. Often they'll be "okay, I guess I'll be moving on then". Sometimes they'll throw their toys at you.

Social interaction is odd. Jonjo Shelvey wanted a chat with me because he wanted more first team opportunities. However, I signed him last season from Liverpool for £1.7m sent him on loan to Genoa for the season. Season ended, he comes back, sad to leave Genoa and is moaning that he isn't getting a game at Inter (my club)?

I can't possibly say "I will give you some games soon" when the next game is a couple of months away!?

Archived