Scouts not finding any players [11.3]

I'm managing in the Blue Square North. I have 6 scouts, they have scouted England (75 reports - all from pre-season), Northern Ireland, Rep of Ireland, Scotland and Wales (0 reports) and Belgium, Netherlands, Denmark, Norway, France and Spain (1 report in total).

My scouts' reputations are: Regional (x4) and Local (x2). The ones scouting foreign countries have 12+ for Adaptability.

It's February in-game time and I'm looking good for promotion. My Asst Man's team report already says I need to strengthen most areas of the squad.

I've assigned a scout to each of BSS, BSP, L2, Reserves and U-18s. Two months later and I haven't received a single report back!

Why is this?

I'm managing in the Blue Square North. I have 6 scouts, they have scouted England (75 reports - all from pre-season), Northern Ireland, Rep of Ireland, Scotland and Wales (0 reports) and Belgium, Netherlands, Denmark, Norway, France and Spain (1 report in total).

My scouts' reputations are: Regional (x4) and Local (x2). The ones scouting foreign countries have 12+ for Adaptability.

It's February in-game time and I'm looking good for promotion. My Asst Man's team report already says I need to strengthen most areas of the squad.

I've assigned a scout to each of BSS, BSP, L2, Reserves and U-18s. Two months later and I haven't received a single report back!

Why is this?

They havn't found any players who they think are good enough to join you AND who they think will be prepared to join you.

Also, if they found 75 players in the first season then it is possible that for now they have found all the players who would want to join you that they think are good enough for you.

They havn't found any players who they think are good enough to join you AND who they think will be prepared to join you.

Also, if they found 75 players in the first season then it is possible that for now they have found all the players who would want to join you that they think are good enough for you.

You'll also notice as you play how you keep having the same scouts recommend the same players until your reputation changes, when a whole new crop come up in the scouting lists. This is again directly linked to the above, being good enough AND willing to sign. And obviously you get different players recommended each season (because new players have entered the game, old players have improved or declined, squad statuses have changed etc.) even when your rep is largely unchanged.

Thanks guys, that's roughly what I was expecting - it does mean that I have five scouts not doing anything worthwhile for 10 months of the season though :/

The reason I wanted to scout the Reserves and U-18 competitions is because I was hoping to get a little head start for the time that clubs release their unwanted young and out-of-contract players.

So far I have to do a manual search which is very vague because I can't filter attributes as they are hidden (hence my attempts to scout in advance) and the assistant manager is woeful at filtering unlikely targets. This leaves me having to manually request scout report cards for thousands of players - twice! Very tedious and very frustrating because the AI clubs are faster at doing this.

2 things:

• You can multi-select using Ctrl and Shift (like in other apps) and then right click. so adding 2,000 players in a list is as simple as clicking on the first guy, holding shift, clicking on the last guy and selecting the option from the popup menu. You can also use this to assign multiple players in your team to the same squad status or training or whatever.
  • The size of your database and the leagues you have loaded will obviously also have an effect on the number of players willing to sign and at the right level

Archived