Retiring players patch 11.3 and offering staff roles

Ok so I'm managing Man Utd on 11.3 Van der Sar has retirement date set a the start of the game. I told him I thought he would make a good coach and he said he could start straight away but wouldn't even negotiate a new contract. Is this hard coded because of his retirement? It seems a shame that using the patch means you can't offer staff roles to players who have decided to retire. If you play pre patch, you at least have the option.

If I wait til he leaves, he won't want to join his previous club, This also seems to be hard coded. Could SI not just allow you to offer staff roles to retiring players if they have agreed via interaction?

There is something to do with this that I have wanted to see in the game for ages now.

What I want is the ability to add a clause into the players contract that states that if they are still at the club when they retire, and if they have qualified in a specific role, then they will get a contract at the club in that role for a wage that you specified in the clause.

I don't remember how, but I hired him as a coach at United with no problem. I think I waited until right near the end of the season before I offered him a contract.

Tried on the day of our last game and he asked for a coaching contract... Excellent!

Yepexactly that. Ive found with players that agree to this, you wait till the end of the season to offer coach contracts.

Once theyve said theyll start straight away, youll find they sack their agents a couple of weeks after this.

Archived