What is your goal in your current save?

I'm just curious what everyone out there is aiming for?

Are you trying to take your hometown club all the way to the top of the World? Trying to go from the bottom to the top as a manager? Basically, what are you trying to achieve?

My current save with Budapest Honvéd FC from Hungary, Ferenc Puskás' first club. It's also been known as Kispest AC in the past. Whilst I'm currently trying to take Honvéd to the top of European Football [with some success currently], the ultimate goal is to get Hungary into a position of being one of the major European leagues and ultimately win a World Cup with Hungary. Although, I'm not sure how possible that is yet.

I am doing something similar, i want to take Scotland and Aberdeen to the very top, so far winning anything in Europe has been a very hard slog, 1 Euro cup in 14 years and semi finals of champs league. I have the SPL to 6th in the euro standings but i think it will be very hard to progress past that. The good thing is SPL teams are now spending good money because of constant European games which is making the league more of a challenge, just missed out on my 7th consecutive league title, which to be honest i was glad at, i like to see their is still a competition for me domestically, two seasons ago i did my first undefeated season scoring almost 4 goals a game and if that had continued i would have prob given up bored.

Apart from the obvious of making my Coventry team world beaters (which i doubt i'll ever do) my main goal is to do better then my mate is with his Cardiff team in our network game, i'm failing so far but having loads of fun regardless.

Tbh i think my only goal is to enjoy the game, and that i am.

Well I started at the bottom of the English ladder with Boston and I planned to have a jounrey save LLM style. However, I stayed for 18 seasons, won the EPL and reached the CL semi. However, its fallen apart slightly and I will leave in a couple of seasons to conquer Spain, Italy, MLS, Brazil and some other leagues before International Management and hopefully a WC win to retire with.

I will take Yeovil to Champions League and CWC glory, move into a new stadium and become a club legend. I will then rebuild the team and make it as English as possible, eventually aiming to take the England manager role and take a purely Yeovil side to World Cup and European Championship success.

Win the CL with 5 different teams(one from Italy,England,Spain, France and Germany). And then Win the WC and Euro's with 3 different teams.

Right now I've been knocked out of the CL by Barcelona twice in the past 2 years with Roma, but now I've been unbeaten all season(It's Jan), and Barca didn't make it out of the group stage. I'm hopeful.

Think I'll go to Germany Next.

Win the CWC with Central Coast Mariners.

I came fiendishly close on FM10, but I'm determined to do it on this version with DLR.

I managed it with Brisbane, but my further plans were destroyed by the A-league reputation bug! I actually did it twice, the first was an absolute epic, beating Real Madrid in a close encounter and then following it up by beating Pumas 5-4, with Luke DeVere scoring the winner in the 119th minute. The second time would have actually been interesting if Barca didn't lay down and take it in a 2-0 win and then Pumas didn't roll over in a 6-1 thrashing!

Just started a save with West Ham my hometown team, basically just the norm try to get them to become the biggest club in england and the world. Never been able to get that far before really going to try this time.

I have 2 aims in my current Chelsea save:

1. Have a squad of players with the majority coming from obscure nations outside the top 25 ranked if possible.

2. Get my homegrown striker Michael Wilson to score 1000 goals for club and country.

So far so good, Wilson is on fire and I'm enjoying my Defensive Mid from Gabon, my Right Back from Kenya and my Bulgarian Goalie

I'm trying to establish Forest Green as a perennial EPL club. I always have a game with them and I've never managed to get them promoted to the top tier yet. Currently I've just avoided relegation in my first CCC season (7th overall) with a win at Boro, putting me 10 points clear with three games to go. I've somehow managed to keep them afloat financially despite still being at the tiny New Lawn ground, usually by selling players.

As a side note, I am wanting to see out the career of my 23-year-old star man, Jamal Lacoste. Arsenal released him from their youth ranks at the end of my second season at Forest, and since then he's notched at least 30 in five consecutive seasons, has been promoted to a legend on the club info screen and has just scored his 30th league goal in his debut CCC season.

Spent 9 years at Newcastle and left after winning the treble in my 9th season, which was my goal. Left and joined Terek Grozny midway through their season. My aim is to win the Champions League with them, which is pretty damn ambitious so I'm going to be here a while! Been here 4 seasons and not managed to break down the top 2 of Zenit/Spartak Moscow who have been the top 2 for the past 6 seasons. Got a lot of work to do with this one. Really enjoying it though.

Im trying to do a Mourinho-ish type game, managing the best teams in each of the top 4 countries. England, Spain, France, Germany and Italy. SO far only been in Spain with Madrid but havent yet won the Champions League, lost out to Tottenham in my first season. :mad:

My saves are currently on hold at the moment as I tackle some academic work (real life sucks).

First of all, there is my St. Albans City save, which more or less falls under the 'take your favourite local club to the top' option. It's been 20 years and my side are now one of the top teams in the world. I've pretty much ruled English football (went unbeaten domestically for an entire season last season) but I've struggled in Europe (just one European Champions League title). I have some great players and I really want to see how things will go in the future. In terms of targets, I have to see out the career of Michel Vermeer (a legendary Dutch regen striker) who I want to break the club record for total league goals scored. And it is a dream for me, in the long-term, to have a stadium named after me, which I've never managed on any FM.

My other save, which I more or less just started, is with Hellas Verona, starting in the Serie C1/B. I'm really keen on the idea of chasing a repeat of the 1985 'miracle', especially since I read about it again in The Blizzard magazine! Immediate goal is to overtake Chievo and return to Serie A.

I'm in my fifth season with Lyon and my main short-term goal is to win the Champions League. Been in the final the last two years but lost both times :mad: My run to the final last year (along with winning both domestic cups) cost me the league so I want that back too. The squad doesn't have a lot of strength in depth, as even though I have massive amounts of money I've tried to bring through a couple of youth players each season (although I have just brought in Andrea Poli for £33million). Eventually I want to have a successful squad filled with academy products.

My saves are currently on hold at the moment as I tackle some academic work (real life sucks).

First of all, there is my St. Albans City save, which more or less falls under the 'take your favourite local club to the top' option. It's been 20 years and my side are now one of the top teams in the world. I've pretty much ruled English football (went unbeaten domestically for an entire season last season) but I've struggled in Europe (just one European Champions League title). I have some great players and I really want to see how things will go in the future. In terms of targets, I have to see out the career of Michel Vermeer (a legendary Dutch regen striker) who I want to break the club record for total league goals scored. And it is a dream for me, in the long-term, to have a stadium named after me, which I've never managed on any FM.

Lol, given Man Yoo have dominated English football to an extent over the past 20 years and only won two CLs I think it's fair to say you're doing more than ok considering you started out as St Albans! Also surely it's not that difficult to break the league goal scoring record for St Albans?!

My short term goal on my current save is to establish Larisa as a powerhouse in Greek football, winning the title within the next five seasons (just been promoted back to the top division), but long term I'm aiming to work my way around Europe hopefully ending up at a big club in England or Spain.

Truro well, we won the champions league for the first time after quite a few years of trying, so I suppose the aim now is to just try and keep winning and develop youngsters.

At Knockbreda my aim is to make northern ireland a top league, got it to rated 15th best league, the money it gives is still quite woefully low though.

Begin my save unemployed with a LLM method, be engaged by Warrenpoint in 2nd division N. Ireland.

1st season, win division and intermediate Cup. I try to be employ by another club in Europe, but all failed. It seems it was a bug with reputation in the patch 11.2.

2nd season, on the way to win easily 1st division and promote to premiere league. Waiting to play Mid-Ulster Cup Final and semi-final of the N. Ireland Cup.

So my goals are to win those 2 cups (or at least one) and go away due to lack of money and ambition of the President. I hope be able to coach a better club in Scotland, Belgium or Netherlands.

I have two saves one my goal is to win the champions league with Crewe.

My next save is more ambitious the goal is to win every continents version of the champions league. So far I have won the Oceanic one with Auckland City, Libertadores with Racing and the Asian Champions League with Al-Hilal. Just joined Mexican side Puebla who are through the group stages already. I also lost the Euopean final with Man United. Europe is last on my list now and hopefully I will do it as Sunderland boss.

Had 3 seasons at Liverpool winning every trophy every year won the world cup with England, Then it came up mid 4th season The Bradford City job languishing in league 2 I decided on a 7 year plan to get them back in the Championship. Took over midseason when there was no way of promotion and relegation so decided to have a clear out and bring in my own squad.

The first season I finished 3rd in league 2 so won promotion at the minute in league 1 am 7th have another 6 seasons to achieve my dream.

My goal is to establish Luton as a Premiership force (back to back promotion there, plus survived season 1 and making good progress so far in season 2 so far), get us into a new stadium, then try to build my way up into the European places, then the top 4, and finally fight for the title / champions league. European football by 2020-2021 would be nice, as it'd mean I'd gone from non league to European football in a decade.

To match Sir Alex. So far in 8 seasons i have 6 titles, 3 champions leagues, 2 FA cups, 5 league cups and community shields.

Lacking by just over 300 points i believe.

Thats about it atm, i've tried getting into other saves, but just cant, too addicted to this, and i'd feel bad about leaving the team i've put together :p

I hadn't really got a goal for my Spurs team. But after Utd and Sir Alex's recent achievements, I'm aiming to become the most successful club (and manager) in English history. FM12 will probs come out before I can do it, but it'll keep me going for a while at least!

My current save with Budapest Honvéd FC from Hungary, Ferenc Puskás' first club. It's also been known as Kispest AC in the past. Whilst I'm currently trying to take Honvéd to the top of European Football [with some success currently], the ultimate goal is to get Hungary into a position of being one of the major European leagues and ultimately win a World Cup with Hungary. Although, I'm not sure how possible that is yet.

Legend! I'm trying to do almost the same thing, only playing as my fictional (Football Manager Live) club AFK Szolnok. Started in NBIII - Alfold with lowest reputation and no players; five seasons later I'm finally in the top flight. This is my second attempt as I broke some stuff the first time - highest I've had the NBI is 11th most reputable league in Europe, with my club as European champions and Hungary qualifying for (but nowhere near winning) the World Cup. Hopefully this attempt will see some of the other clubs in Hungary step up, as last time even Debrecen were nowhere near qualifying from their CL group despite the generally improving standard of the league.

My ultimate goal is to get Hungary back where they were in the 1950's, as one of the dominant football powers in Europe. Alas, the quality of newgens ensures this will be quite the struggle.

I'm also at a Hungarian club, Haladás, and I have no idea what my goals are. We've won 6 CL's, broken all the records, we're currently on a 5 year unbeaten streak in the league, I'm top of the hall of fame. The only reason I've stuck around was that I was waiting for a new stadium, which was finally built last year. And then I found that I couldn't get myself to leave.

I've tried managing Hungary a couple of times (this is my third spell :D), but it's very difficult, because even after all this success my youth players are quite crap. I'm in 2028 and we haven't even found the next Dzsudzsák or Gera, let alone Puskás or Bozsik.

I'm trying to win my first Champions League. I've now been with Sampdoria for six seasons, starting my seventh, and I've won the league three times. But I have yet to make it beyond the quarter finals in the CL. Although I'm proud to consistently make it that far, as somehow I'm still seeded third in draws so my group is always chocked full of good teams. After winning the CL with Samp I hope to get hired by Liverpool, should they need a new manager.

Trying to make Liverpool the dominent force in English football like they were in the 70's - early 80's before Kenny left the first time. Doing ok. I managed to get to 19 league titles before Man U so thats a good start.

Lol, given Man Yoo have dominated English football to an extent over the past 20 years and only won two CLs I think it's fair to say you're doing more than ok considering you started out as St Albans!

Yeah, good point, I suppose! :D

The year I actually won it, I only finished second in the league. I find it quite hard to keep up the Premier League campaign and the European one too.

After I won the Champions League for the first and so far only time, I got knocked out in the first knock-out round for the next two years. :o In the last couple of years, I've been getting closer again. A semi last year and this season just gone we were beaten finalists against Barcelona.

The thing is, I undoubtedly have one of the best sides in Europe now, so I feel we should be at least getting close to winning it every year.

Also surely it's not that difficult to break the league goal scoring record for St Albans?!

You've obviously never heard of Wilfred Minter or Steve Clark! The Saints have had some legendary goalscorers in the past.

The current record is Steve Clark 322 (all time), whilst Michel Vermeer is on 194 (current). So still some way to go. :)

I've created a team with world class training and youth facilities and youth recruitment, called Youth Academy United, and stuck them in the 9th tier. As their manager I'm only allowed to use players who came through the club's own academy. I'm still in my first season and my goal is to be in the Football League by 2016.

My goal is to try and climb from obscurity to greatness, taking better job offers where I can get them. I also want to win at least one thing in every year i'm at a club, or at the very least earn a continental qualification (so far, so good).

I also want to dominate a league - any league - in a way that establishes my manager as the greatest ever for that country.

At some point I want to build a world class team with a distinctive style, a hybrid of passing possession play and explosive physicality (on reflection, not unlike Arsenal's Invincibles I guess).

I'm Manchester United, and I want to keep winning trophies over the years as the squad progresses.

Fair enough it shouldn't be difficult, though unlike most people on the forums I'm not wanting to go over the top on the spending and want to invest in young players, be they through my youth system, or from other clubs, to see the club into it's next cycle. (I.E. beyond the players who start the game at 27+)

Can I add learn to count as a secondary goal? :D

Can you teach FM while you're at it, it's surprisingly bad at simple maths despite running on a computer. I keep getting messages with the wrong number of appearances last season etc.

Avoid relegation, consolidation and then promotion is my 3 year plan. After 10 games it is going better than expected with 5 wins, 4 draws and a defeat (first game of the season) in Segunda B with Extremadura.

My original aim was to topple the Scottish Premier League monopoly of Rangers, Celtic and to an extent Hearts by taking First Division Falkirk to the top!

To make things harder for myself I started with a Semi Pro reputation and created a tactic from scratch but Falkirk were tipped for promotion and part one of my charge was completed by winning the first division in the first season with a fair few stirling free transfers (Calum Davenport, Kevin Das Neves, Gaul Nlunduli to name a few) and loanees.

3 to 4 years onwards and a few cup quarters, some semi's and a defeated final appearance became something of a norm and league finishes of 5th, 3rd and then the SPL double of the League Title and League Cup (Finally!) built up this little clubs and its little managers reputation! Finally 5 years into my career I can apply for jobs in the English Championship and be a 'rank outsider' for the job instead of a no hoper!

Champions League Group Stage qualification has helped things on dramatically for the club, financially and reputation wise. The board finally agreed to expand the 8000 seater Falkirk Stadium after years of asking and I agreed to manage the Hungary National Side with a view to boosting my reputation further although presently my club tactic isn't fairing very well on the international stage with just 1 win from 5 games.

My present situation is to see the expansion of the stadium through (next few years I think) and see if I can establish the club in the top three league places, try to fair better in europe and ultimately keep my eye on europe for my next challenge to re-awaken a giant of football in England, Italy or Spain...

I have 3 saves right now, one with my favorite club, AC Milan, one with my hometown club, Partizani Tirana, and a journeyman career save.

1. World domination. I have achieved this by winning 9 league titles in a row, 4 Champions Leagues and countless other trophies. Now my next goal is to have an entire team with players from my youth academy.

2. Winning the UEFA Champions League. Just achieved this in 2026, by beating Liverpool in the final on penalties. Got a new stadium named after me, and want to expand it further by making it one of the biggest in Europe. :D Now want to push the Albanian Superleague further up the rankings. So far it is sitting in the 15th position in the European Competition Rankings.

3. Reaching the top from scratch. After a brief spell managing Prykarpattya IF in Ukraine, I'm currently managing Villa Mitre in the Argentinian Second Division. Also would like to win trophies everywhere I'll go.

I have no long term goal, I just want to play the game...

Sure, I'd love to get my Hereford team into the Champions League and win a few EPL titles with them but I am also open to offers from elsewhere should the right position be vacant/offered... I don't even know what the right position would be, except I'd almost certainly take the Huddersfield job if offered as I'm a Huddersfield fan through and through.

I play the game as realistically as possible so the chances are that my Hereford team are going to remain as League One also rans for the foreseeable future, especially as we're skint, losing money hand over fist and £2.5k over the weekly wage budget. I have no problem with this as this is the way that I like to play the game - I'm willing to move up a division or two through changing jobs if need be but I'm also happy to stay at Hereford for the duration of the save. I'll just keep playing the game and see where it takes me...

Trying to break the Bayern Munich stranglehold in Germany.

I am just about to start my third season with Bayer Leverkusen in 2018 and have finished second place last two seasons. Managed to beat Bayern in the German Cup final last year and have won the Euro Cup the previous two seasons.

A little recap on my career so far....

Started with FC Porto and won four titles and three domestic cups, moved onto Marseilles in France and won the league title in my one and only season but wasn't enjoying it so moved onto Bayer Leverkusen.

Next stop will probably be Italy before moving onto Spain and then back home to England.

The Ultimate goal has to be to have a stadium named after me and have a son generated into the game

Archived