players who think there are too good to be loaned out.

i would just like to suggest to SI (even thought they already do a great job) that in private chat i would like it if a could chat to players telling them why they are going on the loan list on for first team experience.

inb4 it your tactics

i would just like to suggest to SI (even thought they already do a great job) that in private chat i would like it if a could chat to players telling them why they are going on the loan list on for first team experience.

inb4 it your tactics

This is so frustrating. The player is not good enough to play regular football for you so you suggest they go on loan. They throw this back at you and would rather play reserve football. I think the amount of rejections (PPMs, tutoring, etc) from 16-21 year olds is too high. Who in their right mind would say no to their boss when they are u21, especially a highly respected and successful football manager.

I've had it happen with under-19's. Players who are too good for the youth team and since the SPL have no reserves, I try to loan them out to League two clubs and they refuse. Same thing with learning PPMs and tutoring. Michael Johnson and Wilshire are exceptions to the rule that young boys will isten to their highly experienced manager. This is not mirrored in FM.

Michael Johnson and Wilshire are exceptions to the rule that young boys will isten to their highly experienced manager. This is not mirrored in FM.

They're the only ones who were publically exposed as rejecting all attempts to be moved on. There's a couple of others as well, but I can't think of them right now.

What isn't mirrored in FM is the conversation with the player where you say, "I'd like you to go on loan to prove yourself" and they say "No, I want to fight for my place in the first team". I'd imagine this conversation happens far more often than we're aware of.

Yeah but when their CA is "decent/good Adelante/Championship player", they are not good enough for the league you are playing in (Liga BBVA or Premier League), and then it is unrealistic that they want to play in that league. The players need to be more aware of how good they are (what about a hidden stat: intelligence) so that if a Championship quality youngster gets the chance to play in Championship, he would rejoice his luck!

It is the reputation thing that ruins the whole loaning business. They need to dominate in order to learn anything from their loan experience, but they don't want to go to a club in a league where they are good enough to dominate, so they end up as fringe reserves in another big club instead (if they get to choose) and then complain about it when they come back... logic much?

I don't care if they think they're too good or not, if they were that good they'd be playing for me...

I agree that it seems to be those aged 20+ who think this way - although my 20yo winger who thought he was "too good to be loaned out" is now "looking forward to getting first team experience on loan" with no interaction from me :)

There are a lot of things that are problematic about youngsters/private chat/actions in games. Loans are one but not as bad as the amount of rejected tutoring sessions youngsters do. I'm telling you now, if a manager tells you you're going to be tutored by a senior player, you're gonna in the end gonna be tutored by a senior player. Nonsense that a scrawny 16 year old kid can reject your orders.

Most of the time I see the "too good to be loaned out" on player who would've been a fringe player had he stayed; in that case, I get what he's saying (it's more worthwhile to stay and get 10-15 games but train with the team than to be loaned out and forced to play at a lower level). Since it doesn't seem to effect development or morale once he's back at my club, I usually just take it as a sign that this is the last season I should be loaning them out, and that they're probably ready for fringe player status in the next season.

I have a 19 year old who wanted to gain first team experience by going out on loan. When I sent him out, he then said he was too good to be loaned out. I brought him back but he wants to be loaned out again. I should release him for his indecisiveness.

Sometimes after they refuse the first loan, if you try again they'll accept the second loan or if it's close to the transfer deadline..

More annoying than this are feeder clubs, if you bring a lower division club up the ranks, even after a few years on the top flight you get non-league teams feeder clubs to loan players out..

the thing is im a manager who doesn't care if i up set player no one is bigger than me. i always use the response "i cant believe the disrespect you are showing me" etc. and when i get a youth player just rejecting to go out on loan it frustrates me i cant talk to them about it and tell them i believe it would be good experience. i understand the private chat system has just been put into the game and its just a idea to improve it in my opinion

There is a lot to wish for when it comes to players intelligence and your interaction with them. I got 2 very good goalkeepers in my Sampdoria team, keeper X is 30+ and keeper Y is 23. The 30+ guy has been top 3 in world goalkeeper of the year for 2 years and is giving up less than a goal a game. It is very hard for my other keeper to compete with that so I would like to loan him out to get first team football if possible. The 23 yo is a leading serie A keeper and would probably be a starter in the majority of highest tier teams in the world, yet noone is interested in loaning him even free of charge. There are a couple of things I would like to do here.

1. I want the option to tell my players that I have specific plans for them, in the example above it would be that Y is supposed to take over after X in a season or two and therefor don't want to sell him.

2. I would also like to be able to tell Y that I think first team football would be a good experience and that I want to try and find a suitable club to loan him out to.

3. I think there should be more ways to interact with other clubs/managers when dealing with loaning players out.

Archived