What i would like to see sorted for 2012

INJURIES

If you have a squad of more than about 18 players , you will constantly have the extra amount out injured.

OFFSIDE

The striker and the defender go into a challenge, the striker collapses to the ground and immediately it gives a free kick for offside.

The play should be stopped when the ball is kicked not later when the offside player runs 40 yds and finally kicks the ball.

FREE KICKS.

The goalie or player taking the free kick should go get the ball first NOT walk up to where the kick is being taken then walk back to behind he goal to get the ball .

TIMEWASTING

I can understand time wasting but when the player stands there for 3 minutes game time before taking the kick is totally OTT.

PLAYER PACE

How can a defender with a pace rating of 7 outrun my striker who has 15. yet my defenders never catch opposition forwards who have a low pace rating.

MARKING

A defender goes to tackle an opposition player who has the ball . Upon reaching the player insted of tackling him he then decides to run back to his normal position, leaving the opposing player to do whatever he likes.

DEFENDERS

No matter what i set my defenders on they insist on trying constantly to head the ball back over the goal line to give away a corner,even at times heading the ball backwards .

SUBSTITUTIONS

If i try and make a substitution and the opposition then does the same when the ball goes out of play, my substitution never happens until next time the ball goes out, unless the opposition then decides to make another sub

YOUTH PLAYERS

the amount of crap coming through the youth teams is ridiculous . For instance no Premiership Team would consider signing a striker who was 3 rated for finishing 1 rated for long shots 3 ball control 2 first touch .6 pace . Not even lower league teams would look twice at him

Part 2

MARKING

If i lose possesion from say a corner and the opposition breaks down the wing . My 3 defenders will all just run back towards their goal not marking anyone in particular. Not one of them will attempt to go across and cut off the opponent with the ball until its almost level with the penalty box allowing him to run freely almost the full length of the pitch.

No matter what i set them to do my midfield players will not try and get back and help the defence once the ball has passed them

BOOKINGS

MY wide players can go past the full back who will then constantly bring them down from behind . OK so they do not get a red card but they should at least get a yellow when they do it 4 or 5 times a match but NOPE no booking

I don't agree with a single one of your points! Your list is a list of feelings and lies and I don't think you should be posting that sort of tripe on here. A full response:

INJURIES

No, that is a blatant, blatant lie. I have a squad of over 35 players (no including youth players) and I have only once in 5 seasons had more than 5 injuries at one time.

OFFSIDE

When Offside is called is up to the ref.

FREE KICKS.

Yeah, but it's cosmetic and not really of any importance. Also, ball boys should be dealing with it.

TIMEWASTING

And it's added back in injury time. Though, I've never seen it happen for that long.

PLAYER PACE

Better starting position?

MARKING

Hahaha... Nope, never seen this. Must be your tactics.

DEFENDERS

You either have some stupid defenders, or some stupid tactics. Either way I haven't seen that problem.

SUBSTITUTIONS

It's probably because they decided on their substitution earlier.

YOUTH PLAYERS

You'll always get bad youth players, it's part of life. Improve your recruitment!

MARKING (2)

Maybe they are not quick enough? Maybe they are more concerned with cutting him off from a free run straight at goal.

Some Guy how proud you must feel coming on the forums NOT to post constructively but to troll and argue with people . Shame all it does is make you look a total prat

Wow, wonderful post! I can see the constructive discussion there! Anyhow, just because it is more suited to this thread:

So i am paranoid because its never happened to YOU ?

Lucky you anyway i was just posting my comments not coming on here to argue with a complete prat like you . BYYEEEEEEEEEEE

You are the one making the claim. There is no logical reason why it would happen unless they specifically programmed it to happen and I doubt that they would do something like that.

The next question then must become do you have any evidence that this is what is really happening. You cite yourself as proof and then claim that me and my 40+ seasons on this version are then insignificant as in that time not only have I not seen this, but I haven't seen really any injury problems at all. I've had small squads with my Brisbane sides, medium squads with my Derby sides, small-medium with my Burton Squads and huge squads with my Honved sides. So as my experience isn't showing anything out of the ordinary and it's your experience that is showing something unusual and you are the one making the claim, it is up to you to prove that it is happening with some type of statistically significant data.

Also, do me a favour and post about the content and not the person next time.

INJURIES

If you have a squad of more than about 18 players , you will constantly have the extra amount out injured.

OFFSIDE

The striker and the defender go into a challenge, the striker collapses to the ground and immediately it gives a free kick for offside.

The play should be stopped when the ball is kicked not later when the offside player runs 40 yds and finally kicks the ball.

FREE KICKS.

The goalie or player taking the free kick should go get the ball first NOT walk up to where the kick is being taken then walk back to behind he goal to get the ball .

TIMEWASTING

I can understand time wasting but when the player stands there for 3 minutes game time before taking the kick is totally OTT.

PLAYER PACE

How can a defender with a pace rating of 7 outrun my striker who has 15. yet my defenders never catch opposition forwards who have a low pace rating.

MARKING

A defender goes to tackle an opposition player who has the ball . Upon reaching the player insted of tackling him he then decides to run back to his normal position, leaving the opposing player to do whatever he likes.

DEFENDERS

No matter what i set my defenders on they insist on trying constantly to head the ball back over the goal line to give away a corner,even at times heading the ball backwards .

SUBSTITUTIONS

If i try and make a substitution and the opposition then does the same when the ball goes out of play, my substitution never happens until next time the ball goes out, unless the opposition then decides to make another sub

YOUTH PLAYERS

the amount of crap coming through the youth teams is ridiculous . For instance no Premiership Team would consider signing a striker who was 3 rated for finishing 1 rated for long shots 3 ball control 2 first touch .6 pace . Not even lower league teams would look twice at him

Part 2

MARKING

If i lose possesion from say a corner and the opposition breaks down the wing . My 3 defenders will all just run back towards their goal not marking anyone in particular. Not one of them will attempt to go across and cut off the opponent with the ball until its almost level with the penalty box allowing him to run freely almost the full length of the pitch.

No matter what i set them to do my midfield players will not try and get back and help the defence once the ball has passed them

BOOKINGS

MY wide players can go past the full back who will then constantly bring them down from behind . OK so they do not get a red card but they should at least get a yellow when they do it 4 or 5 times a match but NOPE no booking

It's your tactics! I have none of these problems except the (well documented) ball retrieval issue.

I have no real complaints about the substitutions although I have seen the AI make two separate substitutions before mine has happened but I can't remember if I saw that on FM11 or an earlier version... what I do remember is that I was pretty upset at the time as it eventually took 10 minutes of match-time for me to make a substitution and yet the AI had made 2 in that time. SI need to make it so that substitutions for either or both sides can happen whenever the ball goes out of play, not just when it's your team that has possession...

I've not responded to every point, but I hope that those I have responded to are well thought out enough to open you up to another possibility.

INJURIES

I'm inclined to agree with Some Guy that what you are alleging is rubbish. If every player has a 1 in 10 chance of getting injured, then naturally, you'll see more players injured with a bigger squad. There may also be the issue that you have more players (so possibly more collisions) in training, and players of varying levels of match fitness which could contribute to it.

OFFSIDE

The offside rule is grey. It would appear as though the FM workaround for the "interfering with play rule" is that a player is not interfering with play until he touches the ball. It's not perfect, but it's about as close as you're going to get with artificial intelligence.

TIMEWASTING

Players will waste as much time as possible. Maybe the match engine doesn't incorporate the shoelace tying, walking from one side of the box to the other, dropping the ball when the ballboy throws them it, but it certainly adds in the pauses. It happens in football. It's frustrating, but is an undeniable part of the game.

PLAYER PACE

Acceleration, Anticipation, Positioning and Determination will all come into play here. Your players might be quicker physically, but maybe the opponents can think faster and make the space available. There is also a limitation of the match engine in play.

YOUTH PLAYERS

Club academies have responsibilities to bring through local players, as well as the best players from around the country. Not everyone can be expected to be incredible, but they often only need to impress one coach to get a placement in an academy.

MARKING

This is almost certainly the mental limitations of your players, and while i hesitate to say it, your tactics. There is no easy fix, but if your midfielders are told to look after the attacking side of the game, they will probably be reluctant to chase back. Defenders positioning themselves to close out attackers rather than lunge in wildly at a counter attacking side is also the more sensible option. It's better to concentrate on stopping them getting a clean shot away that risk hurting yourselves by missing tackles.

BOOKINGS

It depends on the referee. Also, what league are you in? Certain leagues are more tolerant of full blooded challenges that others.

Archived