longest goal drought

Mine was Luchiano Becchio with Leeds , got to 21 goals for the season really quick and then over 1000 minutes of play for the rest of the season and the playoffs. Sold him at the start of the following season when i got 3 better strikers on freebies and was offered half a million for him . then sold one of those strikers, Christhian Stuani who i got for free to Fulham 3 weeks after getting him when they offered me four and a half million . Must be one of the best pieces of business ever .

Why you still playing him if he aint scoring ?

why wouldn't he play? He has 5 assists so it's not like he isn't contributing something to the cause... and if he doesn't play then how is he supposed to end his drought?

why wouldn't he play? He has 5 assists so it's not like he isn't contributing something to the cause... and if he doesn't play then how is he supposed to end his drought?

22 games 0 goals 5 assist hardly contributing and theres only so long you can keep playing a striker that aint scoring

For Vaduz in switzerland I had my striker go 33 games in the first season without scoring, but we still managed promotion, and then he went 19 games in his second season, in the top division, without scoring before he retired. Total of something like 52 hours without a goal. Good job his partner was scoring for fun!

I also had another player striker the same first year whose contract was running out at the end of the year, used to rotate him with the player above for my second striker slot, he didn't score in 15 in the league, yet we got to the last 2 games and he hits 2 goals in each game to secure us a play-off spot and then hits a hat-trick and another 2 in the play-offs to send us up. I was very tempted to give him a new contract but he wanted his wage doubling from £400p/w to £800p/w. So I let him so, he's now hit 22 in 18 for a team in the second division. I feel like an idiot! :p

Iaquinta was awesome for me in my first season with Juventus and was top scorer of Serie A. After that he was also amazing in pre-season with 7 goals in 5 matches but lost his form right after the league started. He didn't score any goal until March, he was even missing penalties. But he stayed terrible even after his first goal of the season and didn't score another goal that season. My top scorer was centre back Bonucci with 12 goals (all from corners).

I don't remember how many matches it was, but he played in almost every match from September to March (my other strikers were terrible too).

Archived