What is the best way to make your youngsters fill their potential?

I'm in my 4th season at Dagenham & Redbridge. I have signed plenty of youngsters with potential, but they don't seem to be getting any better.

I signed one lad and loaned him out for 2 years. He came back from the loan and never improved so I gave him a year in the reserves, yet still no improvement.

Is it better to have good training/youth facilities? Do training regimes have an impact in how quick they improve?

Originally posted by DarthInsinuate:

I'm pretty convinced that you can't improve on the default training schedule. QUOTE]

I'm surprised you think that. You might be right, but I would have thought that it would be better to concentrate on the attributes relative to the position. I wouldn't dream of having my centrebacks having equal emphasis on attacking and defending in their training. I know some attributes cross over e.g. positioning, anticipation but the basic ones (shooting, tackling, crossing) should be more specific

Originally posted by cice2:

Quite surprise no one mentioned tutoring, only way to improve 20 to 30 CA points a season. 2 season and you can get a wonderkid.

wich type of them increase ca?

i know the lowest option onyl transfers ppm to adept and doesnt increase CA

Originally posted by jedclough:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DarthInsinuate:

I'm pretty convinced that you can't improve on the default training schedule.

I'm surprised you think that. You might be right, but I would have thought that it would be better to concentrate on the attributes relative to the position. I wouldn't dream of having my centrebacks having equal emphasis on attacking and defending in their training. I know some attributes cross over e.g. positioning, anticipation but the basic ones (shooting, tackling, crossing) should be more specific </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've tried skewing my training schedules so I have light defending but intensive shooting, all it does is make defensive attributes fall and everything else improve at the same rate.

If there's something really subtle going on that I can't see, it just doesn't seem worth the effort.

i make sure (and hope) that i can tutor a youngster successfully with a player who fits into the overall squad personality. i'd prefer a youngster to adapt to the squad personality more than pick up ppms from tutoring, worked unbelievably well with Lansbury.

in 2013, there don't seem to be any good or affordable full backs until the next influx of regens comes around, so i threw in a 17 year old DL for the charity shield game vs Man Utd. i'll give him probably half of Traores games this season and see what happens.

Archived