Home grown players in the future

In May 2030 I got offered the job at Sampdoria and decided to accept it. They had finished 4th in the league and therefor qualified for Europe. When I took over the team I realised there wasn't a single home grown player in the first team and hardly any at all even if I counted the U20 team. I set out on a mission to find good enoug players with home grown status that I could buy and found that it was an impossible task, there was hardly any to find. I started signing young enough players that didn't need registration and that in the future could get their home grown status.

I'm now in September 2033 and using player search and filtering players trained in nation, valued at at least 2.500.000 GBP I get a list of 27 players.

Anyone else seeing this in their game?

The transfer AI is terrible and if they lack the programming necessary to ensure that their team have enough home-grown players, that doesn't surprise me the least. I haven't seen this problem in my game (6 seasons) so far, but then again I haven't checked.

i had a problem with dutch h.g.p players, i started to build up a good squad but it was taking 3+ years to get the status' right in the end i moved onto a different club

i find though that the further you get into the game there are more and more teams struggling to get enough h.g.p.

Archived