Tacticts change / subs = Opponents score

When I change my tacticts in the second half, as soon as I press conferm half of the times it takes me straight to match view and my opponents score before my subs take place.

Did you guys ever notice this? It happens a bit too much for me...and it ****es me off :D

I'm sorry but the correct response here is the old chestnut: "Oh no! Not this one again".

If you had used the search option you'd have seen lots of threads with the same theme, and in every single one of them someone woulc come around and say why the proposition is so wrong.

It happens from time to time, but in nowhere near the numbers to make it statistically important, and what is causing you to think it does is confirmation bias.

it's just really annoying, as goals right after kick-offs. It's just one of those things that you get the feel they happen a bit too much than normal.

What I also notice is that during extra time my opponents have many chances to eventually tie the game (note: i'm not saying that they score everytime), but when it's my turn to tie...it doesn't happen as much...usually the game ends with no extra time drama!

happens often yes. Make sure you have the ball when you click on tactics to pause the game. That way, you're the one who scores sometimes too!

actually, I also ensure that I have the ball before I make changes... there does seem, occasionally, to be an advantage to the opposition if you change tactics/personnel when they are in possession... I also realise that it's semantics and that it very probably is nothing more than bad-luck that it occurs when it does

This happens because of the way the match engine works.

The whole match is generated when you submit your team, then divided into highlights, then the highlights are shown in sequence missing out the boring ones. Substitutions take effect at the END of the current highlight. If that highlight consists of ten minutes of backwards and forwards followed by a goal, then the sub will be made after the goal. Then the match is recalculated to include the changes you made, divided into highlights and the show starts again.

And it's also really annoying when you decide to sub your striker just before he scores because you can't cancel the sub.

I pause yes. I do this when the ball is going out of play and is not leading to a set piece situation for the opponents, preferably before the ball goes over the line. Then the changes happens immediately afterwards and not after the next animation - which in the case you are too slow very often leads to what the OP talked about. It is also very annoying and often quite game-breaking (or match-breaking if you will) if you have just changed to a more defensive formation with one less striker and one more defender, and they equalize or take the lead while the changes are pending.

This means that it is irrelevant whether it is just superstition or not: there is a risk that the opponent will score while you have tactical changes pending, and it is better to do what you can to reduce that risk.

I pause yes. I do this when the ball is going out of play and is not leading to a set piece situation for the opponents, preferably before the ball goes over the line. Then the changes happens immediately afterwards and not after the next animation - which in the case you are too slow very often leads to what the OP talked about. It is also very annoying and often quite game-breaking (or match-breaking if you will) if you have just changed to a more defensive formation with one less striker and one more defender, and they equalize or take the lead while the changes are pending.

This means that it is irrelevant whether it is just superstition or not: there is a risk that the opponent will score while you have tactical changes pending, and it is better to do what you can to reduce that risk.

Of course there is a risk of a team scoring when you make a tactical change, but it is a generic chance they will score and has little to do with actually making a tactical change. However you are right in saying you can minimize this by making the change while the game is paused, or at the end of a highlight. There is no correlation here however, the tactics screen doesn't lead to more goals.

I also think this is confounded by the fact you are probably more likely to make changes when your team are playing badly, or being dominated, or the opposition is close to scoring. Thus they are already much more likely to score in these periods.

I'm sorry but the correct response here is the old chestnut: "Oh no! Not this one again".

If you had used the search option you'd have seen lots of threads with the same theme, and in every single one of them someone woulc come around and say why the proposition is so wrong.

It happens from time to time, but in nowhere near the numbers to make it statistically important, and what is causing you to think it does is confirmation bias.

My god, someone talking about confirmational bias! I do love a bit of common sense, and a bit of Stats

Archived