Mind games to stop a club winning...

In my save, Chelsea have won 9 from 9 or something like that and I find myself 7 points behind already.

What mind games can I use to halt this winning run? Any tips or tricks?

It would seem that this area of the game again falls short. There is never the options to say to other managers what they can say to you. I always found myself repeating the same things over and over again. The same goes the pre-match and post match press conferences...i wish there was alot more research/development for this.

I've found the best way is in the press conferences. Just say that you expect them to win their match or that you expect them to be contenders if you get a question like that. Puts the pressure onto their shoulders. Not always guaranteed to work but has about a 40% success rate on my save.

I've found the best way is in the press conferences. Just say that you expect them to win their match or that you expect them to be contenders if you get a question like that. Puts the pressure onto their shoulders. Not always guaranteed to work but has about a 40% success rate on my save.

See now i tend to find the opposite, if i say it will be a tough fixture for them i tend to find they drop points!!!

I used to always say that the other teams should win the match X easily but apparently answering that way it increases the pressure on my team as well.. at least the players think "it wasn't necessary to increase the pressure on the team".

I kind of understand why they are saying that.. but when i say that the other team is going to win easily how is that increasing pressure on my own team? Sometimes i don't get the logic behind these press conferences..

You could try praising the manager of the team your rival is about to play a couple of days beforehand. He may in turn praise you. Both squads get a morale boost and your rivals opponents could take points off them.

Manchester united were 5 from 5 at the start of the league. The played Tottenham next. I got asked about it a press conference, Spurs werent doing brilliant either, about 14th or something. I said Spurs are good team and this could be Tricky for United. Tottenham won 5-0. I like to think I caused that. And then I hate myself for thinking I caused such a great Spurs victory.

But I find the results are generally scattergun and its very hit and miss.

Archived