Player/Coaches and Staff Development

I've started playing a flashed forward save (starting 13 years in) and this has got me onto thinking about this topic. Theres a few things I'd like to try and find out from people.

1. What players make the best coaches/assistant managers etc. Examples of individuals are fine, but even better would be any stat correlations between player role and staff role. Does having high natural fitness translate into a high fitness? That sort of thing.

2. Secondly, what trends have people notice in regards to staffs abilities increasing. Is it static, or is it dependent on having better staff members around the club whom they can presumable learn from. Does putting staff member in charge of youth teams or reserves increase thier abilities in that area more then if they were coaching normally (much like a player needs match exp to develop.)

I've seen much discussion on players, but not much on coaches beyond what gets your 5star training. Thought it would be interesting to find what other peoples experiences are in this part of the game.

Good Player & Team Guide - Uncovered a rough diamond, think you've found an excellent player, have you built your dream XI, are you looking for some advice on building a successful team or do you need tips on the best players or staff for your team? No matter which it is, this is the place for you.

Actually, I think you'll find I posted it in the correct forum. Or your forum description are wrong, in which case its still your mistake not mine. Anyway.

Anything beyond win stuff? That much is obvious.

I always took determination and influence to be important attributes to look at for future coaches, as well as their overall personality.

I haven't really played far enough into the game to speculate on staff development though in FM11 though. Iin previous versions (I last played 2006) these two attributes were definitely important ones, but in FM11 staff actually improve noticeably over time, so FM11 might quite different.

I've just offered Cesc a player/coach role, and can make these obvservation so far (with some FMRTE assistantance for hidden values)

Determination may be linked, but not a direct translation. As a player he has 20, but his coaching value for that same stat is only 18. Incidently, his Influence is 18 so his could correlate.

Personality stays the same as a coach as it was a player. Adaptabilty was a hidden value and because visable as a coach.

Its entirely possible looking quickly that Tech Mental and Fitness as formed from an average of the player stats in that department. Its not quite perfect, but its looks very close.

I made the same obvseration sjm on the development. They didnt used to improve that much, but as I joined Arsenal in this save in 2023, I looked over the staff I was already familiar with, a noticed how some of the formely average coaches had become very good. I'm really rather curious as to how much depth there is to it.

Determination may be linked, but not a direct translation. As a player he has 20, but his coaching value for that same stat is only 18. Incidently, his Influence is 18 so his could correlate.

I've seen the same thing with the few players I've had who have gone on to become staff. Determination is similar, but maybe a point or 2 off their playing stats. (I think 12 vs 11 in one case, which is when I first noticed it).

btw, if you've got to 2023, d'you have any idea which attributes are likely to increase and whether it's linked directly to their tasks which attributes go up (e.g. youth coach -> Working with Youngsters increases; defensive coach, defending increases etc.)?

I've seen the same thing with the few players I've had who have gone on to become staff. Determination is similar, but maybe a point or 2 off their playing stats. (I think 12 vs 11 in one case, which is when I first noticed it).

btw, if you've got to 2023, d'you have any idea which attributes are likely to increase and whether it's linked directly to their tasks which attributes go up (e.g. youth coach -> Working with Youngsters increases; defensive coach, defending increases etc.)?

Unfortuantely it was a holiday jump, so I dont really what roles the staff had been assigned from. Something I've had a thought on is if the start youth stat might be linked to the amount of players mentored in thier career. Would certainly be logical.

Archived