Future Transfers..frustration?!

Apologies if this topic has already been covered.

In the continuing pursuit of making FM as realistic as possible I would like to make a suggestion to improve the game even further.

Playing as Man City one of my first PL games was against Chelsea however a certain Fernando Torres scores the winner in the last 5 mins.

My imediate reaction was....he didn't even sign for Chelsea until January!!!

Would it not be more realistic to have January tranfers still playing for their original club (in this case Liverpool) when you start a game with the player profile stating 'joining Chelsea on 1/1/11?

You could also have the option whether or not to confirm the transfer or not if you feel you no longer want or need the player.

Thoughts?

Nah, I actually like this idea. I think the confirm/deny thing would be hideously difficult to implement, and the whole thing would add just that little bit more work for researchers, and it wouldn't work for loans, but...

Overall, I would like to see the patched transfers happen at the time they're meant to.

LOL fair point. Although if im honest it doesnt entirely sit right with me from a realism perspective.

however, taking a step back from my own personal disapointment of that result I do still think this is a valid point.

I dont see this change being that difficult to apply.

Maybe even to give you the choice pre-load to apply all transfers immediately or when made IRL?

I think one of the issues is say you were liverpool, and torres was still there, would you play him for the 6 months, or would you let him rot for 6 months? If you did then Chelsea would be paying £50m for a striker who has not played a single game for over 6 months and it would throw the balance off. Also the updated build is tested with the updated player database, with them at their new clubs.

thanks for the feedback.

wasnt aware it would create a big problem technically with the database etc. prob tell im not a computer whizz

in an ideal world it would be good but if not possible (or at least without a huge amount of work) then im sure i'll get over it.

keep up the good work

I think one of the issues is say you were liverpool, and torres was still there, would you play him for the 6 months, or would you let him rot for 6 months? If you did then Chelsea would be paying £50m for a striker who has not played a single game for over 6 months and it would throw the balance off. Also the updated build is tested with the updated player database, with them at their new clubs.

To be fair, Chelsea did spent 50m on a striker who had barely played a game in 6 months. And it was debatable whether he even "played" in the game he was on the pitch :p.

I never download the updated database when the January transfer window patch comes out.

At the end of the day, you start the season at the start of the season. As soon as continue is pressed for the first time, the game world deviates from the real world.

Archived