If you were facing administration this seems the most logical thing to do...

Portsmouth went back into administration on my save which may not be the most surprising thing but just how stupid the manager has been really shocked me. They've been in relegation fights in the Championship in every season and when I saw they'd been docked 10 points I had a glance at their squad and their wage bill. They had Utaka on 51k a week, Lawrence on 20k and Dave Nugent on 30k. It's still Cotterill in charge, how has he not been sacked?!

Because the game doesn't really recognise that Utaka should be shipped off, so Cotteril isn't really doing much wrong.

Equally, it is very hard to sell players when they will end up on a lower wage. What would you pay Utaka a week? £20k max? Will Portsmouth stump up the other £30k?

These are valid points but they actually re-negotiated Utaka's contract last season so probably gave him a slight wage increase. On a side note, all their contracts expire at the end of the season so that'll be interesting if they can't renew any of them!

He's also got a £5,000 apperance fee and the same thing for a goal bonus. He's played 11 times this season and scored 6 goals. Ouch!

The AI managers and clubs needs to become better at getting rid of deadwood yes, right now they just auto-sign new contracts with any player who wants to stay - often every year. And most players wants to stay regardless of career paths.

Archived