Which to Improve First?

I restarted my Tottenham save after learning some new things about the game. I'm really diving into it, and really going deeper into the game. Any opinions on which I should ask my boardroom to improve first, youth or training facilities? I have average youth, and good training. I do want to be able to bring young players in and work their way up through my youth system and eventually compete for a first team role. But I also want the players I have to be able to train at a great facility.

I asked for both on my first save, then both got canceled in June because of funding. So this time, I want to ask for one, and then maybe the other my second season. What would you go for first?

Personally i would go for training first, purely because quite often i tend to go and bring in youth from abroad. Scouting for U19 euro nations, and looking for good prospects. Then they can come to my club and train at great facilities.

I think that youth prospects from my own club are few and far between, whether i have amazing youth facilities or just average.

Really depends on your cashflow and your scouting network to be fair. I'd go for youth personally as a more long term investment. I'd supplement the youths with poached youngsters from lesser teams rather than take on youths everyone (in game) seems to target. You can usually build a solid youth team doing that with very little interaction with the transfer market. But that's me.

Archived