Worst club collapse you've ever seen?

As the title says really, just wanted to hear what the worst collapses you have seen in this game is?

What I mean by collapse is when a club plummets down the leagues and what sparked it off.

This is the worst I've seen on FM2011:

newcastleunitedhistoryc.png

Newcastle spent £21m in the first season including signing Eden Hazard for £14m on a £75,000 per week contract. Despite half a dozen good signings they still weren't able to stay in the Premiership and a couple of months into their first season in the Championship they went bankrupt, then sold half their squad in the January transfer window and never recovered.

To add insult to injury it looks like they are set to go down this season which is pretty surprising as they actually have a team that should easily finish mid-table in League 1 but they just havn't shown up this season.

So, anybody seen anything worse than this?

Thats the worst i've ever seen, and so quick, that something smells fishy, given your username are you sure you didn't control of the club and screw them up.

Honestly no I havn't.

The very first game I do each year is with Sunderland and deliberately trashing Newcastle but in my current game I started down in Level 9 with Lancaster City and never really paid any attention to the top leagues. I only realised this had happened when I had a look at the League 2 table to see who looked like they were going to get relegated.

Worst for me is Wigan who in 2030/31 were relegated form League two and they havent made it back into the football legue yet, theres also newcastle who overspent went bust pretty much and have yo-yoed between the championship and league one, and suprisingly Arsenal one yea they are challenging for europe next their Chinese owner has pulled all the funding and sold to anothe board member, resultign in fire sale during the summer going into administration the following year and ending up on a measly 9 points then shot straight through the championship and are regular play-off players in the League one play-offs

numerous others have been relegated, Man City went down, has have Liverpool theres only really man utd and chelsea still there from the big four,

Seen Tottenham end up in League One and Blackpool in Blue Square North. But the fastest has to be Fulham. Went down twice in a row from Prem to L1 spent 2 seasons in L1, went down. And ended up mid-table Blue Square Premier.

You only have to look at Stockport irl to find out how realistic it is.

Wigan fell off the map entirely in my FM2010 save as well. How you doing with Indonesia? :D

Not well really, my 4 games so far are:

Indonesia 0 .v. 0 Bahrain

Lebanon 2 .v. 1 Indonesia

Bangladesh 1 .v. 4 Indonesia

Kyrgyzstan 1 .v. 1 Indonesia

Although somehow we've moved up to 132nd in the world from 142nd when I took over.

AC Milan once got relegated in one of my saves, they were in Serie B for 4 seasons before coming back up, they went down again two seasons later. They became a yo-yo club for a couple of years then I gave up on that save. Was odd seeing them do so badly.

Another one would be Aston Villa in League 1 and Celtic in Scottish First Division.

Arsenal one year they are challenging for europe next their Chinese owner has pulled all the funding and sold to anothe board member, resultign in fire sale during the summer going into administration the following year and ending up on a measly 9 points then shot straight through the championship and are regular play-off players in the League one play-offs

Oh I can but dream :)

As the title says really, just wanted to hear what the worst collapses you have seen in this game is?

What I mean by collapse is when a club plummets down the leagues and what sparked it off.

This is the worst I've seen on FM2011:

newcastleunitedhistoryc.png

Newcastle spent £21m in the first season including signing Eden Hazard for £14m on a £75,000 per week contract. Despite half a dozen good signings they still weren't able to stay in the Premiership and a couple of months into their first season in the Championship they went bankrupt, then sold half their squad in the January transfer window and never recovered.

To add insult to injury it looks like they are set to go down this season which is pretty surprising as they actually have a team that should easily finish mid-table in League 1 but they just havn't shown up this season.

So, anybody seen anything worse than this?

shame we're going to finish above you in real life then, eh? lol

shame we're going to finish above you in real life then, eh? lol

I really don't care this season. Given the stupid number of injuries we've had (injury bug!) I was just hoping we would be able to put out enough of a side to keep us safe.

I mean, we currently don't have a single striker at the club who isn't injured, and I'm including the reserve & youth sides in that and our defence has been destroyed by injuries.

We were kicking your arse until half of our team got injured!

Stoke City - the team Sunderland could be if they didn't keep selling us their players :p

irl Sunderland have been pretty big failures again but its almost becoming an annual occurence, early season Europe is calling to you then around March/April you're looking nervously at the relegation zone. Villa were the side on mine that flopped for a good 5 years or so plunging as low as league 1 for 2 years. However they came back and got back into the premiership a few years after that. I think Bolton went all the way to league 2 off the back of financial troubles.

Oddly enough, I saw Sunderland collapse after signing a young Eden Hazard on an expensive contract. Hazard blew their wage budget and they ended up losing points for being unable to pay their players. At the end of the season, they were forced to sell all their players and then proceeded to get slaughtered in the Championship with a squad of U-18s.

Stoke City - the team Sunderland could be if they didn't keep selling us their players :p

irl Sunderland have been pretty big failures again but its almost becoming an annual occurence, early season Europe is calling to you then around March/April you're looking nervously at the relegation zone. Villa were the side on mine that flopped for a good 5 years or so plunging as low as league 1 for 2 years. However they came back and got back into the premiership a few years after that. I think Bolton went all the way to league 2 off the back of financial troubles.

I do agree with you that we do tend to start to look nervous towards the end of the season but I do think that is anybody can stop that it will be Steve Bruce.

Also, I do think that we wouldn't have ended up anywhere near as far down the table as we are if we had been a bit luckier with injuries. We've easily been the hardest hit club in the premiership in terms of our injuries.

I really don't care this season. Given the stupid number of injuries we've had (injury bug!) I was just hoping we would be able to put out enough of a side to keep us safe.

I mean, we currently don't have a single striker at the club who isn't injured, and I'm including the reserve & youth sides in that and our defence has been destroyed by injuries.

We were kicking your arse until half of our team got injured!

kicking our arse? lol... every team has its injury problems, we're no different than others. Ben Arfa anyone?

you've got one hell of overrated manager, that's why.

Most dramatic in my game was Liverpool being relegated to the Championship in season 2 after finishing 18th in season 1!

Absolutely mental. The most mental part of it was they only lost Reina as a result. Came straight back up and have finished top-8 every season since.

kicking our arse? lol... every team has its injury problems, we're no different than others. Ben Arfa anyone?

you've got one hell of overrated manager, that's why.

Oh no, one player out injured.

Here are the first team players we've got injured at the moment, and most of them have been out for at least the last few weeks, and we've had far more than this out throughout the course of the season:

Turner, Cattermole, Ferdinand, Richardson, Gyan, Welbeck, Gordon, Campbell, Bramble.

The only ones there who are not key players for us at the moment are Ferdinand and Bramble.

Now, lets look at which important players Newcastle have out at the moment:

Harper, Nolan, Ben Arfa.

Big difference there.

I made my own World Super League with 3 divisions based on the German 1st, 2nd and 3rd division (reps of each division adjusted accordingly) and smashed up the prize money for each.

Milan (AI managers) bombed from the First to the Third in 2 seasons, and never recovered out of the bottom 5/6 for the Third Division for years.

Strange, considering Milan have absolutely creamed Serie A this season irl.

Swindon went 90 minutes from Championship football to the bottom of League One, even after Plymouth had a 10 point deduction, in one season, irl. I win.

yeah, shocking what can happen if your board sells off all of your best players to go and sit on someone's bench, in one case to sit on someone other than the purchaser's bench (Sean Morisson - Swindon to Reading to Huddersfield (loan) where he sat on the bench...)

Here, aren't Reading fierce rivals of Swindon? I'm sure they were in my FM09 save... I bet Fitton was the toast of Swindon's roundabouts after selling their best defender to their biggest rivals... LOL! :D

Oh no, one player out injured.

Here are the first team players we've got injured at the moment, and most of them have been out for at least the last few weeks, and we've had far more than this out throughout the course of the season:

Turner, Cattermole, Ferdinand, Richardson, Gyan, Welbeck, Gordon, Campbell, Bramble.

The only ones there who are not key players for us at the moment are Ferdinand and Bramble.

Now, lets look at which important players Newcastle have out at the moment:

Harper, Nolan, Ben Arfa.

Big difference there.

I think it's laughable that you're blaming injuries anyway. Are you deluded enough to think that squad is actually good enought to achieve anything of significance? Not to mention your useless fat head manager.

I think it's laughable that you're blaming injuries anyway. Are you deluded enough to think that squad is actually good enought to achieve anything of significance? Not to mention your useless fat head manager.

Im not a sunderland supporter but i do feel bad they have been ravaged by injury, judging by your response you are also a silly noob who knows nothing about the game gg

A mag accusing someone of being deluded........."Hello Kettle, This is Pot, Your black"

The Great entertainers

Everyones second favourite team

The world famous number 9 shirt

Man utd are our biggest rivals now

The list goes on

I agree Sunderland have had some bad injuries and its been unfortunate.

But at the same time, if it were on the other foot and it was Newcastle who had the injuries, Sunderland fans would be mocking Toon fans.

Its what Sunderland and Newcastle fans do.

I love it! ;)

Oh and im a Newcastle fan btw and am chuffed to bits with staying, it would be a bonus if we finished about Sunderland too ;)

Archived